1979 SRX belly pan

upland

Is there some type of plugs for the rectangular holes on the belly pan or are these supposed to be wide open letting the snow into the engine compartment? :yam:

ya, originally there were plugs you unbolted out to let in more air for ice racing and lake running. I have seen them on ebay before, but not too hard to find YET!!

Last edited:
Call Lee Frederickson at Classic Muscle Sleds at 651-433 2401 Tell him Dean sent ya. I'm sure he'll sell ya two. Dean-o

THERE SHOULD BE SMALL PLATES THERE THAT ACTUALLY FIT VERY NICE IN THOSE WINDOWS. THEY WERE HELD ON WITH VERY SMALL SREWS. THEY COULD BE EASILY REMOVED FOR ICE RACING. LET ME LOOK IN GARAGE, I MIGHT HAVE EXTRA SET !! 3:16 (tony)

Thank you for the responses. I would like to find the right pieces to fit into those rectangular openings. Let me know if you have the pieces that I could purchase. If not, I will check e-bay. Thanks again for the information.
Dave
P.S. I am checking out a 76 SRX tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes. ;)!

DAVE ALSO KEEP IN MIND ALL SRX,s 1976 THOUGH 81 USED THOSE COLD AIR WINDOWS AND PLATES IN PANS. THE 1980 SRX (gold model ) DID NOT. 3:16 (tony)

DUDE, NO WIND PLATES. LOOK LAST NIGHT. ONLY SET I HAVE ARE ON MY 1979 SRX. THESE WILL NOT BE HARD TO FIND. WATCH E BAY OR IF YOU CAN,T WAIT, CALL THIS GUY HERE IN N.Y. !! BOB WEAVER MOTORSPORTS. 1-716-693-1500. TONS OF OLD SRX PARTS. 3:16 (tony)

Back