SRX heavy hesitation in powder + service+handwarmers

i think 1999 ski-doo's made it so that when you wanted to ride in deeper snow you could take those vents on the hood and push a little switch on them one way and it would close them right off... i dont see why duct-tape wouldn't work, just make sure you take it off when you go for a trail ride!!!

Thanks for the reply bornwiththeblublood!.

On Sunday we went riding and we hit some deep powder snow up in the mountains. I actually had to turn around while my friends continued, my SRX almost wouldnt move forward due to bogging in the powder snow.

I talked to a guy who have good knowledge on sleds, he suggested that it might be cause by water hitting the sparkplug boots, and then if they are bad isolated, the spark could go to earth instead of going down to the electrode on the spark plug.

I`m going to put some electrical "shrink-hose" on all of the plug boots, and make the hose go all the way down to the head so that it covers the plug completely.

I`m also going to tape all the holes in the hood.

If it still wount run in the powder, then I don`t know what to do.. gees I`m about to get really frustrated soon.. hate this shit.
I love the sled and it handles like a charm, but gees it doesnt "handle" the snow.. gees.

HPIM1637Medium.jpg

Here`s a pic of her from Sunday.

eossno162Medium.jpg

Wellwlel

my 98 mountain srx bogs at wot in powder or steep climbing,it drops from 8500 to 7500 rpm,when i check plugs after bog center plug black 1 and 3 are tan .has cold air kit,window screen on all vents and tempa flow,suspected tempa flow so i disabled it when it was -22C still bogged at wot.not bogging on hard pack. maybe my base jetting is rich on center carb? anybody have ideas?

kimoaj said:
Hi guys thanks for the replys! :).

Let me tell you something sick guys. I payed just as much for the V belt, handguards and gasket, as I would have had to pay for ONLY the V belt here in Norway.. . Insane price differances. Wellwell :)

You should tell them here what it costs just to have a normal car in Europe.
I spent several months in Sweden and then to Amsterdam and Germany.

Myself, I don't know how the average person does it.
A typical older Mercedes or BMW if 35,000 here is 50 over there. On top of $6 a gallon for fuel. It's wallet shocking to fill the tank. $100 bucks for a small tank full.
Now forget to put a parking token on the dash before shopping and walk a half mile away.

98 Msrx

My 98 MSRX was terrible in deep powder and that was with all the mods from Bender ,fresh air kit , screens and stuff. Everyone said to block the vents but it only happend when the hood was covered in snow.It wouldn't rev up untill you opened the hood to let air in then it would be fine til the hood filled up.This is where you foul lot of plugs and you turn out because of the bog.It works fine with no hood so it was a air supply problem. Traded it in when the crank went. was going to try a fabric hood. My buddies MSRX was the same but he never hit the hills. With snow on the hood it worked fine at 1/2 throttle also but any more and it bogged rich. Hated that sled!!

I can vouch the snow deflector doesn't cover the powder bog. I layed out rolled and welded a nicely contoured one on evenly. Looks like steam and moisture getting sucked in. I'm preparing to do mine with an isolation kit of either rubber and a performance filter, or order the bender kit. lol

I have the same problem same sled, it only bogs in powder over a foot and when I lean left away from the exhaust it corrects itself. .. could overcompression be the problem?

Back