More riser questions

yamahauler4

Ok, I have a 00 SXR... I hear everyone talk about 2" riser max w/o cable ext... are you all putting pivot adapters on, too?? Is that a pivot adapter PLUS a 2" block for Powermadds? I want the bars higher, but more forward too... cant stand up, too far from footwells. Rox looks nicer... but more $, harder to find, cant change later.

I have a 99 SRX, and i put on a 2" Powermadd and tilted the bars forwards quite a bit. It's almost uncomfortable to ride sitting down, but mother nature made sure i didn't have to go on any long rides on the trails this year.

3.5" on my viper no extensions or longer cables. the brake hose is alittle tight but no problems when turning from steering stop to stop. saw a 3" unit on an 01 srx same deal worked with no extensions. ski

The higher you go, the more you'll want the pivot adapter. 2-3" with the bars rolled forward should be doable. I put a cheap plastic 2" riser on this season just to try it. Next year I'll be adding 2-4" for a 4-6" total. For sure and will be extending the cables. Will have to put some kind of pivot on there to keep the bars from coming back too far.

I have a 2" block, 6"pivot and pro taper bars with 3.75 rise=11.75" total rise All on stock cables, but i think the cables are a decent bit longer on the mtn viper. I am very happy with it. I can ride standing without bending over at all so i have more control. Sitting sucks with these ape hangers but I dont do much trail riding so its not a problem. I had to do a custom windshield chop to clear the bars. This much rise is not for everyone but i find it quite comfortable. I can throw this thing on its side so easily in the deep pow now its crazy.
DSC00338.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

Yamahauler-i would say go for a 3 inch mountain machine pivot riser or 3.5" rox riser with stock bars, should clear your cables and you can move it forward that way. But a block would work and just spin the bars forward a bit, it would be cheaper that way.

vipers have the cables routed differently over the airbox than the SX that's how they get so much more rise with the same cables. there is a slit in the airbox where the cables run through vs. over the top.

i had to change cables and line when going over 2" rise on stock bars on the viper..

i cant understand how someone can do 6" on stock cables.. Not a chance in hell, if they are the same as my cables..

Whats all the hipe about with these riser anyway, I dont see how they improve performance. What am I missing?

Ola said:
i had to change cables and line when going over 2" rise on stock bars on the viper..

i cant understand how someone can do 6" on stock cables.. Not a chance in hell, if they are the same as my cables..

I think the guy you're refering to had a Mountain Viper and it probably came with longer cables than your shorty Viper. The cables on my 2000 Venture are stretched to the limit with a 2" riser, much like yours are I'd guess.

handling, it just raises the handle bars up that much so you can get them off your knees. tall guys like me can't turn without the bars hitting my lap. it's not like the handlebar riser gives you 10 HP. Performance???

YAMAHIZAL700 said:
Whats all the hipe about with these riser anyway, I dont see how they improve performance. What am I missing?

The risers make it easier to ride while standing, for a moguled out trail for example, and for the boondockers it's easier to pull the sled over to the side to carve or sidehill, glance off a stump.....

Back