srx water pump

SRX freek

need a little help/advice on my 78 srx. water pump is leaking into recoil housing. after looking at the online parts diagram looks to be a seal and o-ring inside are the most likely leaking pionts. want to order parts before i take it apart.anything i should know,advice before i start this? should i replace the bearings to?.thanks in advance, srx freek

FRECK, ORDER GASKET AND SEAL. I DON,T BELIEVE YA NEED BEARING. I JUST ORDERED THIS STUFF RIGHT FROM YAMAHA FOR MY 1980 SRX BECAUSE I WAS SEEING FEW DROPS ON GROUND. PROBLEM IS IN SEAL. THAT ROT OUT WITH AGE !! 3:16 (tony)

yea thats what i thought . what about the o-ring?looks like it goes behind the collar/sleeve could leak there to? thanks for the help 3:16.srx freek

Probley Would Not Hurt To Give It Total Rebuilt. Shure Would Not Hurt To Replace 0-ring. Your Bearing Probley Fine. If You Have Problems Finding Any Of This Stuff, Call This Place Here In N.y. !! Stones Sno-sled. Been A Yamaha Dealer Sinse Day One And Lots Of Old Parts Still On Shelfs. 1-315-483-4329 ! 3:16

Tony,
Got the two sleds from Don yesterday. I'm going to rebuild the 78. Did you see the super clean 77 on Ebay? #4622511905. Looks as good as Marks. You know the one that I should of killed myself for selling it.....Anyway I'm leaving for Canada Friday to pick up more srx parts. I'm back into it. Over my head but in a good way. See ya. Dean-o :rockon:

DEAN, I SAW THAT 77 !!! AWSOME THING ABOUT THAT SLED IT LOOKS VERY ORIGINAL. I WHISH THEY STOP CALLING THEM '' LIMITED RACERS '' THOUGH!! ANYWAYS YOUR OLD 77 NOT TO RUB IT IN IS STILL THE BEST IN MY EYES. HEY GLAD YOUR GETTING PARTS, NOW I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR PARTS. !! lol. 3:16 (TONY)

Back