got the bike outa storage.

srxbully

it's nothing special but it has sentimental value being it was my uncles until my grandfather bought it from him & it was the last thing he gave my father before he pastaway back in 93 & he always told me he was going to give it to me when i turned 16 a few years back. it's an 82 maxim 650.2 summers ago i won 5th place in a bike show here in ny. on a side note im looking at the new 06 r1's..a dealer is calling me when they get the 50th anniversy black & yellow in this week.

Attachments

• 100_0424.jpg
    100_0424.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_0425.jpg
    100_0425.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_0426.jpg
    100_0426.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Nice bike! Love the art work! I used to have a Maxim 400, was a fun bike for crusin around town but wasn't very stable at high speeds. Check out the little pipes, it was loud as hell lol. I only have one pic, taken with a cheap pen cam.

Attachments

• My Old Bike.jpg
    My Old Bike.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 6
im looking to get the frame fresh powdercoated,new clutch within the next week.but it basically just has a 4 nito 1 vance & hines exhaust,& it was painted back in 93 & it's getting a buff job this week. it needs a very good cleaning...i see yours was a chain drive.this is a shaft.but your right there just cruizers but this bike gets up & goes pretty good.

Yeah the 400 was really a completly different bike that the 550's and 650's. You can see the 400 doesn't have a frame infront of the engine, and a rear mono-shock.

I never did replace it with another bike but I'm starting to get the itch again now.

Here's my summer toy (got flame mirrors on it now).

It's a 1988 Honda Shadow 800, ...yes they only put an 800 motor in in the Shadow in 1988. So parts are hard to come buy. But it has ALOT of chrome and it's mint for an Atlantic province (lots of sea air rusts everything), and it only has 29,000 kilometers. Unfortunately it only has 4 gears so it truely is a crusing bike, lol. I really liked the look of it, the seat is low and it has drag-style handbars, ...kinda chopper looking.

We just got 25cms of wet snow yesterday and 10cms coming tomorrow morning, so I won't be hauling my summer toy out for at least another month.

VT800-smaller.jpg

yeah i like the look of that bike except those rims.i dont care for those.everything else is real nice.

Back