A few pics of my SRX

kimoaj

Hi guys !

Got a package from Rich today (god bless him) with some Powermadd handguards, an exhaust gasket (between the manifoil/pipe) and a new v. belt.

After I isntalled the gasket (it was missing on one pipe) I realized how much "free exhaust" I had before. Sled makes much less noise at low rpm, but at the same time it sounds more aggressive on higher rpms, and I guess it might increase the expansion chamber`s job --> more hp`s?.

Here`s some pics of the sled with the new guards, I`m so happy with them.
IMG_0794Large.jpg

IMG_0797Large.jpg

IMG_0798Medium.jpg

IMG_0801Medium.jpg

Hopefully I wount freeze to death (almost) now.

Joakim

Thats funny as hell, I have a 99 srx 700 with the same exact piece missing from the right side belly pan where a stick popped up and went through. It even knocked my pipes out of place just like I bet it did yours! Ill see if I can post a pic.

I have a question About the Mtn Srx's. I DO NOT want to steal the thread , Just thinking my mind. Arn't the Srx's Front Heavy and low to the snow, but the rear with alot of Travel ( since its mtn) wouldnt it be a snow pusher? instead of Flotation with that low, heavy front wouldn't it get stuck alot? it seems to me in all the pictures of the SRX mountains they all are VERY low to the snow, Not capable of Doing much powder riding.

i am intrested in a SRX for next winter and just curious about how they do in the deep stuff. Then i will leave my viper for Hard Aggresive racing and other stuff i like to do.

BTW: NICE Stuff!!! I love the pics, nice and Clear. Handgaurds really give the sled a BOLD look, i like it.

great pics!

Please change it back to blue I am going to have nightmares of AC's ...lol

you know when you see it all blue it doesnt look like too much. but then when you see it all green it looks like too much green.maybe because one color is dark & the other is bright.

Hi guys thanks alot for the nice replys, makes me smile:).

I don`t understand what hole you guys are talking about??.

Auji700triple I havent hade any problems with nose diving or such, but I`m still trying to figure out what makes my SRX bog in the powder snow, it`s hopeless and I`m about to give up. It`s so annoying because I love the sled elsewise.
Now I`ve taped all the vents in the hood and also isolated the spark plug boots more, (thought the maybe the spark went to ground (head) instead of the spark plug electrode, when the plugs got wet from snow).

When it comes to painting the SRX green, I actually wouldn`t have anything against it, because I love Kawasaki bikes (have a 2001 KX250) and when I see that green colour, I think of Kawasaki, not Arctic Cat, so it wouldn`t be a problem for me. However, people would think I rode a cat, so.. .

Gees today I got my salary and I filled 45liters with gas, I`m so happy :).

Last edited:
Kimoaj - Srx's Arn't Ment for the Deep stuff.. well 1 year they came out with the Mtn But as for Pipes in deep snow and a low sled like yours and the vipers, they tent to Bog out in the Deep. My viper dosn't because she's a mountain, Alot higher up in the front Other then the Shorty being much lower in the front.

Ask Powervalve-700, He Got too a point where he didnt care about it since he's got a new Phazer on the way. He Cut the side out of the belly pan for a Side exit Exhaust. You know what, it cured the Problam he had in the deep snow.

Since your sled is soo low in the powder the snow blocks the Exhaust and Lose's Power, ALOT of power. PV-700 Had the same problams like you, but were fixed after he did that to his skidoo.

I really think its your exhaust, Not your vents. tell me this, does the bog go away about a few minutes after you get on a groom trail?? if so then thats your problam. He had the same symptoms as you. PM him or somthing, he will tell you.

Hi guys!.

I actually didn`t get to test the SRX in the really deep powder because this weekend the snow had gotten harder, the sun shines all the day so I guess thats the reason.

On Saturday I had my best ride on the SRX so far, she ran like a charm all day and man is she fast, adjusting the valves sure seemed to help performance vise and also, last weekend I rode on 95oct, (friend filled my cans and he didn`t remember that I was suppost to run 98 and the engine didn`t feel as "snappy" as it use to, but going back to 98 sure cured it.

Well well I like the SRX more and more so I hope the engine will hold together, only has about 5300kilomers on the clocks so I guess it should run for a few more years yes. (Actually, the clock shows 6000km, but since I went down from 9 to 7 teeths on the drive wheels the kilometers counts to fast. When I bought the sled the seller said that it had been run 4500kilometers , and the clock said about 5400kilometers when I bought it.. .

Is it possible to calculate how much mis-counting there is with the smaller drive wheels?.

Wellwell :)

Back