Looking for the best setups..Yamaha GPX 433

Snojet Steve

I need the best possible gaskets and pistons for my GPX project.
If anyone races these sleds and could point me to the best sources I would be really greatful. I was talking to a fellow about brand new pro-lite, coated pistons but lost the email awhile back. I'm having an awful time finding straight answers on gaskets. If people are racing and getting them all the time from somewhere then I shouldn't have to have them custom made.

Any help on the sources would be greatly appreciated.

I won't be racing anyone in the midwest so come on out now, you're safe....unless I decide to go on a road trip. :P I'm going to track the stuff down either way.

DUDE, DON,T REALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION BUT !! IF YA NEED PISTONS GO WITH WISECO AND ID YA NEED GASLETS RUN OEM YAMAHA OR COMETIC. 3:16 (tony)

Does Cometic have them ready made with copper tops? I don't see anything listed and

Yamaha doesn't have them anymore. I was looking into special mod Wiseco pistons

that are very low production and ceramic coated. They seem like the best option so

far but over $400 for a set.

Snojet Steve said:
Does Cometic have them ready made with copper tops? I don't see anything listed and

Yamaha doesn't have them anymore. I was looking into special mod Wiseco pistons

that are very low production and ceramic coated. They seem like the best option so

far but over $400 for a set.

Reuse the stock copper thin head gaskets and use Yamaha base gaskets or use Yamabond but I would use Yamaha base gaskets personally.

cometic base gaskets for the exciter and phazer will work fine. also you could use OEM gaskets from the later phazer engines that engine was used in tons of yamaha sleds up into the 80's and it shares the same cylinder base profile. probably still available from yamaha.

Back