04 roadstar 1700 cam work whos done it

snowbeast

VIP Member
Looking for some info on doing the stage 4 kit less head work,yammi lists parts as twin cams,and needs the adjustable pushrods,rocker blocks,hydralic lifters and dual springs,has anyone done this hop up,and was it worth it,my bike has vance and hines twin pipes and is jetted only,this is how i bought it,also i plan on getting the modgual to keep the rpms higher than 4400 rpms,that is now kicks out at,any ideas on how much time to change out the cams and valve train parts?? Thanks Pete

Hey rich thanks for the link,but i thought there would be more cruiser riders over here than there are,i guess no one is modding out there roadstar! Oh well i guess i will be the first to do so..

no prob. i think theres alot of warrior mods compared to roadstar as far as motor mods.but you can carry that info over as its the same motor.it would be nice to get the new roadliner motor in the roadstar and warrior models.

if you need anything far as oem or aftermarket let me know.since i have one i think i'll be getting into those parts also.you can spend alot of money quick on these things.

richierich said:
no prob. i think theres alot of warrior mods compared to roadstar as far as motor mods.but you can carry that info over as its the same motor.it would be nice to get the new roadliner motor in the roadstar and warrior models.

if you need anything far as oem or aftermarket let me know.since i have one i think i'll be getting into those parts also.you can spend alot of money quick on these things.
Your not kidding rich,it goes ok now as a stocker,but i dont like it hitting the rev limiter,i have on order the dyna3000 and baron bak air cleaner and jet kit in route as we speak,but i am waiting for a reply for the intake manifold to see if the ported one that is avaliable will fit both the stock 40 mm cv carb and the larger 45mm tm carb,if it does i will get that and install togeather sense i will have the gas tank off and carb for jetting. So rich you have the roadstar as well? What year is yours,and how do you like it? Thanks Pete

i have a 04 warrior and a 05 r1.just got the warrior this march and i'm having fun with it.i almost had the urge to hop it up but talked myself out of it.if i need to go fast i just hop on the r1.the warrior is still quick for a cruiser.i've been scraping the hell out of the pegs and my shoes and mastering the corner slides that i like to do.i find myself speeding more on the warrior though.maybe since it sits so low it doesnt feel as fast?

richierich said:
i have a 04 warrior and a 05 r1.just got the warrior this march and i'm having fun with it.i almost had the urge to hop it up but talked myself out of it.if i need to go fast i just hop on the r1.the warrior is still quick for a cruiser.i've been scraping the hell out of the pegs and my shoes and mastering the corner slides that i like to do.i find myself speeding more on the warrior though.maybe since it sits so low it doesnt feel as fast?
Oh ya,that warior will smoke my roadstar no problem and out handle it too,i was hoping you had the roadstar so we could compare apples to apples but its almost like comparing your warrior to your r-1 lol not much to compare is there,except for the fact that the warrior may out pull the r1 thru 1st and 2nd gear or from dead stoped red light to red light,until you get the rs up on the r1 and buy buy warrior he he dont you just love hp to weight ratio,hard to beat 150 rear wheel hp to 80 hp rear wheel lol

sorry i wish i could help you.their the same motor so you should be able to use the info off that site.i think more guys trick out the outside on roadstars and warrior guys do motor work more.if i didnt have the r1 i would be modding mine.

my r1 would still kill my warrior in 1st.hell it does 90 in 1st gear alone.it would beat me in the first 5 feet maybe.

when i first got the warrior my dad asked if it was faster then my r1 and i just laughed.he figured since the warrior was a bigger motor that it was faster.i said oh no the r1 has almost twice the h.p and 300 lbs lighter.i cant wait to get him on both and show him.going to borrow the warrior to him so he can smoke his harley neighbor buddy.

So Rich have you got into motorcycle parts yet? I totally agree with your saying "you can sink a lot of money into these things" What type of deals are you offering on Yammi parts. I too have a 04 warrior. So far I have done a V&h exhaust, V-bak and a PCIII whole new bike. Planning on doing the HC pistons this winter and some more SHINY stuff. :bling: ;)!

Rich,

The MODS I listed above really have made the bike MUCH better. It pulls really hard from 2500 to redline. The removal of the AIS system and the PCIII have pretty much done away with any backfires. I did lose a few MPG but I feel the performance gain was well worth it. From what I have read on the RSWARRIOR.com site the gas mileage will come back when I do the High compression pistons. (then hang on) From the people I have talked to rolling burnouts are NO PROBLEM. I use the site alot there is a whole lot of knowledge there (like here). I hope this helps you out. I will tell you do the above mods as listed and you won't believe you are on the same machine. ;)! ;)!

Back