Srx track

TimeBomb

does anyone know what size a 79 srx has for a track? is it 114 or 116? what is the lug height? does anyone have a new one kicking around for a srx? thanks

Hey Time Bomb,
You can get a new one from Kimpex. I bought two Kimpex speedster tracks for my 340 and 440 srx that I'm running on the grass this summer. I beleve they are 116 inches. They also sell a trail Vantage III track. www.Denniskirk.com or call Kimpex. Good luck Dean-o

ok, thanks guys. my 78/79 srx project is taking longer than i wanted. still lots to do, getting anxious to get it done. she needs alot of new parts

Hey Time Bomb,
I know the feeling. I got three to put together. The 77 is done except for the pipes. I just finished up today. I've been going back and forth working on the 76 340. This little girl is going to be sweet. I'm building as a pro stocker for the grass with all new stuff. I'm going to use the 77 decals and she is all layed down. The pour 78 is just sitting there. Everytime I do something I need some small part. Does anyone know if you can get new chain case gaskets. I used my last two today. I also bought those rubber boots from Tom Todd. They look great and there only $70 a pair shipped. Stitch did all my seats and Lee sold me the hoods,decals and tank covers. All repo stuff that looks great. Ok back to the garage I go. Trying to get things done for the June show. Dean-o

Rubber Boot

Dean,

Do you mean front suspension boots??

I need a pair badly. Where they used or new aftermaket ones??

deanosmod said:
Hey Time Bomb,
I know the feeling. I got three to put together. The 77 is done except for the pipes. I just finished up today. I've been going back and forth working on the 76 340. This little girl is going to be sweet. I'm building as a pro stocker for the grass with all new stuff. I'm going to use the 77 decals and she is all layed down. The pour 78 is just sitting there. Everytime I do something I need some small part. Does anyone know if you can get new chain case gaskets. I used my last two today. I also bought those rubber boots from Tom Todd. They look great and there only $70 a pair shipped. Stitch did all my seats and Lee sold me the hoods,decals and tank covers. All repo stuff that looks great. Ok back to the garage I go. Trying to get things done for the June show. Dean-o

DEAN. STONES SNO-SLED IN NEWARK N.Y. !! 1-315-483-4329. FOR SHURE WILL HAVE THOSE CHAINCASE GASKETS. AWSOME OLD YAMAHA SNOWMOBILE DEALER. ! 3:16 (tony)

Vmax 3,
The boots are after market hard rubber. Better then orginals. I'll look for his email address later and post it. Thanks Tony. I'll call them. Dean-o

Dean, could you get me any info. on where I could pick up a repo hood and decals? (hpowell1@ford.com) Thanks hman.

Deano -
did you get your glass from Lee Fredrickson? I know He is doing alot of repros. I've seen his SR glass, but not the SRX stuff:

Lee Fredrickson at Classic Muscle Sleds in Marine, MN. He has repro pans for older SRXs. They're fiberglass but they're very nice. Lee's number is 651-433-2401.

Leon Koch from koch performance has repro hoods and spindle boots also:
kochsperformance <kochsperf@centurytel.net>

Frank with Engineered graphics did my SR decals, and He has the SRX stuff also: http://www.oldsleddecals.com/

Tom Todd has boots for $70. Lee has hoods for $225 and decals for $110. All srx stuff. Lee also has tank covers out of glass. Belly pans, boots, repairs bumpers, makes 77 bars. I still haven't found alum pans. But they will be coming soon. A guy out west is going to be stamping them soon. I tryed to do this, but no luck. The die cost way to much to make. Dean-o

Back