Srx Cranks

deanosmod

I've been kicking this idea around for a while now. I'm thinking about using the 78,79,80 connecting rods on a 76 or 77 crank. I never had a crank apart but I will here very shortly. I bought six sets of new wiesco pistons with the larger 20mm pins. I want to use them in the 76 and 77 bottom ends. Will this work and could I buy new rods. I have about four 78 style cranks that i could use in the 77 case, but I would rather stick with the lighter ones. (76,77) Any help here would be great. Thanks guys. Dean-o :WayCool:

even easier would be to use wrist pin adapters, hauck sells them. goes from 18mm to 20mm pin, will allow you to run the new wiseco pistons on old smaller rods without crank work. They use them for the vmax4 engines, the 750 had the 18mm pin where as the 800 have the 20mm

Too cool. I heard about this a couple of years ago, but never knew that they where for sale. Thanks. Do you have his webb site address or phone number? Thanks again. Dean-o

DEAN, THAT PRO MOD 78 SRX THAT ERIC SOLES POSTED BELOW WAS MY SLED. MATTER OF FACT RACE IT MANY TIMES ON BIG MOOSE IN THE EARLY NINETIES, THAT SLED HAD A COMPLETE 78 SRX LOWER END. RIGHT DOWN TO INGINTION BECAUSE I WABTED BIGGER RODS. NOW I BASISLY WANTED TO DO WHAT YOUR DESCIBEING HERE, BUT I BELIEVE YOU CAN INSTALL THE LARGER RODS ON THAT CRANKSHAFT BUT THAN USE 77 INGINTION FOR HOTTER TIMING AND HIGHER RPM. OF CORSE YOU WOULD THAN NEED LARGER WRIST PIN PISTON THAT YOU POSTED YOU HAVE. ALSO, ADD A TAP OF RED LOCITE TO ALL DOLL PINS ON BEARING, THIS WILL KEEP PINS FROM SPINNING BEARING AND DESTROYING YOUR CASE WHICH WAS VERY COMMON AT HIGH RPM. 3:16 (tony)

Thanks guys. Hey when is the next vintage show. My 77 all set except for the pipes that Delaughter is building. The 76 should be ready in a few weeks. Then I start on the 78. Thanks again. Dean-o

DEAN, ONLY QUESTION I HAVE ABOUT THOSE ADAPTERS AND ITS A GREAT IDEA IS YOU WANT DO YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TOO RUN THE STRONGER 78-79-80 CRANK RODS. THESE ADAPTER ONLY ALLOW YA TOO RUN THE LARGER WRIST PIN PISTONS. !! CORRECT ? IF YOUR ONLY LOOKING TOO RUN THESE PISTONS, SHURE RUN THOSE ADAPTERS. 3:16 (tony)

Back