stuck motor

montynormand

I have been given a '72 SR433 motor. Stuck, and looks like its been sitting on a dirt floor for atleast 20 years! I would like to save the cylinders, so befor I try to press them off, what should I soak them in? I've done this using just JB-80 in the past, but just looking for other opinions

Marvel mystery oil, or if you can find it, get some esential lube. that stuff works great, it stinks but works. Maxdlx

Yep, Marvel Mystery Oil.
This year I helped a friend pull a VERY old tractor out of a field and take it back to the shop. The tractor had been out side, unused for MANY years. It was a steel wheel gas/diesel 1937 John Deere that was bought new by his grand father (start on gas, runs on diesel). We had to drag it on the trailer, verything was rust and locked-up. Got it back to the shop and let it thaw out. Had water in the cyl's some in the oil, cracked manifolds...
All in all it was locked up tight, all shifters, linkage, clutch, carb, motor... it didn't look good at all.
His dad came to the shop give us kids a hand (he's 84 use to work the tractor as a kid in the 1930's). He told us how great Marvel Mystery Oil is and how old Chrysler's came new with a small "Marvel" oil tank for milage and performance "you can feel when it's empty".... bla, bla, bla..
He has a 55gal drum of Marvel at home, grabs 2gals and comes back.
We blow the water out of the cyl's and pump in a buch of Marvel in.
Change the oil and filter...
Next day we come back to work on it somemore. We have the tractor on rollers under each wheel to move it around. My friend grabs the flywheel (no elec start, hand start with a BIG flywheel) and it turns some. We blow the cyl's out one again. More water and chunks of crap, carbon. Add more marvel keep workinng it back and forth...
After a few min it would turn over. We took valve cover off (get the mice out), took the carb off, went through that. Made a makeshift gas tank added new spark plugs and started it!!!
Within 24 hours it went from frozen in a field to running, no BS!!!
We put Marvel on all the linkage, clutch, brake, trans... let it sit.
ALL of it works now.
UNreal, if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it!!

I have a '84 mazda RX-7 that the rotors were stuck. pulled the intake manifold and poured marvel mystery oil into the rotors. let it soak for a week and now the motor is free......
I'll give it a shot here, kinda forgot about the oil
thanks guys

Back