Need more power

air cleaner, jet kit, exhaust, when yamaha quit making the v-4, the aftermarket for that bike fell off the map. you can try looking at Britts, they have some stuff, a full exhaust system would be nice, but now I think only slip-ons, is all there is, I have some web sites, let me know if you need help, I would have to look them up.

I think they are still selling this bike in a v4 engine. Yes some websites would be nice and will these changes actually make a noticeable difference?

yea they quit making it for a year or two, then brought it back, I remember talking to a guy here in S.D., he said the full exhaust,( no longer available) made a big diff. I would say with slip ons, jet kit, and a diff aircleaner, you would see between 8 and 13 horse, one other thing I have found out, alot of people swapped out the rear gears for the ones found in the V-Max, gave it more out of the whole, and passing was much improved, shouldn't be that hard to find, those bikes have been around for a long time. you can try these web sites.
www.hellrisercustoms.com
nopork.com
roadstarclinic.com
roadstarmagazine.com (great write ups, should find info on what you need), that should get you started, let me know if you need more, I might be able to find more.

I have already changed the air breathers to K&N. The pipes you guys mention are they really loud like the harleys? I would rather keep it a little quiet so I can listen to my radio and cassette. ;)!

sorry, I have the Dyna 3000 on my 01 road star, I really like it, you can set a different timimg curve, for what you need, I run the 36a, no probs, and like the extra power, don't know how much it gave me, but I can feel it.

Well I bought some pipes and installed them. I dont know if there is much HP gain but it sure sounds meaner now.

Still wondering about the Dyna ignition know one seems to know how much power this will give you. Their website says nothing also.

Back