old srx440

KTMRACER661

Website
www.myspace.com
i purchased a srx440 about a week or so ago and i cannot find the vin.# or serial number anywhere on the tunnel did they produce a year without that or is there a special place for it to be???? the person i bought it from polished the tunnel so im assuming that may be where the vin went to but i am not 100%sure...i just hope it aint stolen cuz the kid didnt have a registration card but he did write me out a recipt so i trusted him...if anyone has any input please let me know :2strokes:

WHEN YOUR SITTING ON THE SLED, THE RIGHT SIDE FRONT CORNER ON CHASSIS SHOULD HAVE MODEL YEAR PREFIX AND UNIT PRODUCTION NUMBER. YOU SAY THIS TUNNEL WAS POLISHED SO NUMBERS MY BE GONE. NOW THIER SHOULD BE NUMBERS ON ENGINE. ALSO BACKSIDE ON ENGINE CASE RIGHT BEHIND RECOIL. NO SENSE IN ME GUESSING WHAT THEY ARE, IF YOU FIND THEM POST THEM , THAN I CAN TELL YA WHAT YOU HAVE. 3:16 (tony)

I had a 75 340 rupp free air years ago that had no vin numbers on it. The dealer changed the tunnel. I had it up for sale and the guy or I think that person came back and stold it. That really sucked. I couldn't tell the police the vin number of the sled. Never did get it back. I'll never buy a sled like that again.

Back