Damn,BR9ECS 's are expensive.......

BTW, there are still two guys on Ebay selling boxes of ten BR9ECS plugs for about $44.00 including shipping. Search on BR9ECS.

plugs

ok guys i justtalked to a guy that runs champions, part number is 3570power sport plugs, he ran them last year with stock jetting and never ever skipped a beat. only like 399 a plug too. i think im gonna try then, i will let ya all know

I bought a set of denso iridiums for my 01 srx 700. I haven't put them in yet tho. I'm hoping for a gain of some kind!

Go ahead and waste your money, ecs's are a way of getting you to by only NGK plugs at an inflated price. no cross referencing. I seriously don't think they would prevent a lean burndown. es's are fine, Keep your jetting in order, and run the standard plugs. dealers will tell you to run ecs's cause they make more money on them. m2c. If you want to re-gap them it's posible, just dont use the positive electrode to push up the ground electrode. the reason you can't re-gap them is the ground electrode is stonger than the es's, which have a 90 degree bend on them. ecs's have a very short and strong ground electrode using the positive electrode to pry against will damage it. use the edge of the plug instead. see pic for example on adjusting gap. ;)!

If you are fouling plugs!

One fix I have found if your sled is fouling plugs is to remove the spark plug boots by un-screwing them, cut off a 1/8" of fresh wire (using wire cutters) and install new spark plug cap boots. This fixes about 90% of plug fouling isseus, since it is normally caused by a bad spark plug boot. If you are fouling spark plugs try this before buying expensive plugs. Alot of people over look the spark plug cap boot condition and they never solve their fouling issue. Just my two cents.

You guys shouldnt be fouling out plugs fast enough for the cost of 'ecs' plugs to even come into play when choosing plugs.

98srx6 said:
You guys shouldnt be fouling out plugs fast enough for the cost of 'ecs' plugs to even come into play when choosing plugs.

I agree with this. My plugs last a full season. I change them yearly anyway, and I like to keep a few fresh spares.

I just ran a set of ecs this weekend and i think they worked sweet , i was fouling out es on cold mornings , this sunday morning it was 6 deg. out and the es fouled after about 1 min. i put a set of ecs in and it started and ran all day no problems ...i get my ecs for about $4.00 a plug ... if you guys want i can see what kind of price i can get a bulk of them for , then figure in shipping and ill let you guys know ...

champion powersports plug are very resistant to fouling.
get 8902.
I found them at walmart, for only slightly more than a br9es

I'll bet the plug boot coment is right also, I know mine are a bit sloppy.

i used to foul a lot of plugs on my 1st srx. I was told how to start it (here on TY) and have only fouled a couple plugs in the past 3 yrs on 3 diff. SRX's. Actually any time i had a fouled plug it's because i touched the throttle too quickly, usually because the inclosed trailer was beginning to fill up with smoke & I wanted to just get it out.

I did by a 10pk of br9ecs off ebay 2yrs ago i think for about $38(not sure)

Back