estimated worth on srx chassis

TimeBomb

here is the deal. the guy i bought my 78 srx from keeps calling me and asking if i know where there is a srx chassis and hood to buy(b/c after he sold his to me he decided he wanted to build one again) so i've decided to sell him the chassis/hood since i'm not going to use the 78 hood and chassis i got from him(b/c they are JUNK) and i bought it just for the motor and drivetrain to put in my good 79 chassis. so i'm just wondering what a 78 srx hood and bare chassis would go for. keep in mind that they are SHOT. frame is bent on the chassis, alot of dents in the belly. hood is cracked plus been spray painted over. i was thinking 50$ if i could get that for it. any thoughts? thanks

also, does anyone know what year srx had a red chassis? not the tunnel, just the belly or if it is even an srx chassis. when i got the 78 from that guy he threw in this other chassis saying it was a srx. i'm not sure

there were no red chassis' srx's. it has been painted previously.
what are the chassis id numbers on the right rear of the bulkhead? that will id your red chassis for sure.

CHASSIS ARE RED THEIR PAINTED. THERE WERE NO RED SRX CHASSIS. ONE THING THOUGH YAMAHA DID MAKE A RED 1980 SS 440 BUT NOT WITH SRX NUMBERS ON IT. YIME BOMB, PRETTY MUCH NAME YOUR PRICE FOR THAT STUFF!! 3:16 (tony)

thanks yammiegod, i'll hafta take a pic of this chassis w/ red on it. i looked at it more 2nite and just the tube frame that the motor bolts to and up underthe gas tank is red. someone must have taken it completly apart to do it.

Back