Need some used carbides

doug

Hey guys,

Would anybody have a set of used carbides I could throw on my 00 SX700r stock plastic skis for when I sell it this fall? I'm keeping my Simmons to put on my new sled, and the stock skis don't have any carbides on them. I have a set of new rear suspension arm plastic bushings I could trade for them since I won't be needing them any more.

Doug,

I may have a set, I will have to look for you. Problem being with so many old carbides around its tough to tell what is for what!

If I find them I may be heading north on Saterday, I could meet you somewhere along I-75.

Used carbides

I should have a set.

What do you mean rear suspension "arm" bushings? Is it a set for the entire rear suspension?

Al,

No, its just the two for the rear arm pivot, just inside of where the transfer rods go around the shaft. I ordered all of them for the rear suspension when I changed a broken W-arm, and these ended-up on back order. I lucked out because the old ones were still good and just put it back together with the old ones.

pair of carbides for 98 xt 700 steel skis if you want them skis used carbides and really used ski skins if you want them il give em to you if you pay shipping from northern ont
Pat

If you still want them I should be able to get them to you later this summer, I am putting on a set of C&A's.

Al

Vmax Al,

Do you still have them carbides? The pair S.X. had weren't the right ones. I'm lookin for ones to fit the stock plastic skis on my 00 SXr.

Doug

Okay guys, Vmax Al struck out as well. Anybody got a set for stock plastic skis that came on a 00SXr?

doug, I might have some. I have some old pairs laying around. If you can give a description somehow of length, stud spacing etc, I can check. I had a 2000 SXR700 so I bet I have something, if I do they are yours free for the price of shipping.

I also have a set from a 2002 SRX great used shape only 200 miles 6 inch woodys carbide

Will ship them to you for $25

Last edited:
Sinjin,

Here ya go:
About 1-1/2" from front "tip-up" to first stud
2-7/8" first stud to second stud
8-1/4" second to third stud
4-1/2" third to fourth stud

Gotta get that thing ready to sell, Attak is on it's way!

Thanks in advance

Doug

Tom,

The SRX and SXR ski were different. I believe the SXR and the Vmax ski were the same. When I tried swapping carbides from my wife's '02 Vmax to the '02 SRX, they wouldn't fit.

Jon

ecopter said:
Tom,

The SRX and SXR ski were different. I believe the SXR and the Vmax ski were the same. When I tried swapping carbides from my wife's '02 Vmax to the '02 SRX, they wouldn't fit.

Jon

Thanks jon,

I thought for sure they would fit. I figured if they wouldnt somebody would let me know.

Alright guys, it looks like Sinjin has a set for me. I appreciate all the offers. This is an awesome site with a good bunch of guys.

I'm gonna be sad when I drop off the 'ol SXr at the dealer to sell. She treated me right all these years, and NEVER let me down. What is cool too is that all it needs is to be cleaned-up, no fixing to be done. It's suprizing how tight it is for how old it is.

I hope the new Attak treats me the same.

Back