Yamaha Outlaw?

vrod

Can anyone tell me what a Yamaha Outlaw sled is? Or if there is any pictures of one? I am not sure if it was made by Bender Performance or not.
Thanks,
Doug

Randy Cramer built them. I think he was in american snowmobiler in 98, showing off his 99 modded Yamahas. They were basically stock sleds with pipes and ohter stuff. The idea was to give the customer a turn key performance package.. or something like that. I remember he had a vmax 700 which he had modded and some sx s. He had a homepage too, where he had even more modsleds.

I think it is a late 70's to early 80's? maybe only 8-12 produced.

this is outlaws sled, 98xtc, m10, bender pipes, ported cylinders, blt front end, works shocks, custom black seat, and on, and on and on.

howy come back to maine

Attachments

• howards seat.jpg
    howards seat.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 43
Bender ! I have Reproduced the decals !

Ps. I'm not sure if the Blade Outlaw was ever produced ?

Attachments

• OutlawFront.jpg
    OutlawFront.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 39
  • OutlawLeftSide.jpg
    OutlawLeftSide.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 338
  • OutlawRightSide.jpg
    OutlawRightSide.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Outlaw.jpg
    Outlaw.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
vmax540,
Do you have any other information about the sled?

WOW, I thought I followed Bender farely close in the mid 80's early 90's
but I missed this one. Was it built off the first Phazer's 84?

Guys, I own the Bender Outlaw in the picture that Vmax540 posted. The sled is just about finished. Needs to have the thin striping removed from the handlebar pod. The Outlaw was produced by Tim Bender in and around 1985. It is based off a 1984 Phazer. The front end is widened and tubed out. The struts are actually from the 82 SRX 500. Yamaha sent Tim barrels of struts from the 82 SRX's that were not shipped to the US when they pulled the plug on that sled. The engine is a 540 Vmax liquid motor. The drive axle is moved backwards to accomodate a longer 121 inch suspension that the Phazers did not have at the time. It has Kelsey Hayes Hydraulic brake, and a custom fit 540 exhuast system with 2.5 inch stingers. The sled rocks! It ran about 13 miles per hour slower than my Apex in the 600 foot radar run I ran it in. Bender made approximately 20 of these machines.

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Engine1.jpg
    Engine1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 31
Yamaha Exciter

Hi i have a 1978 yamaha exciter 440 wanting to get a little more HP could you guys help me out with some tips meby in the gearing or what ever ?

You need to ask Jon B. (82SRX500) the Outlaw questions he is our resident Outlaw/82SRX Expert ! These were Phazers outfitted by Tim Bender for Yamaha and then were sold to dealers that had a racing program.

OH MY GOD, I missed the boat I seen one of these and just thought some one was creative with the transplant, damit I good of picked it up cheep but thought it would be trouble

82srx500 I Just Picked Up An Outlaw By Bender Racing. The Windsheild Flaring Is Different From Yours. Can You Send Me An Email With Your Phone Number? I Would Like To Talk About This Sled With You. My Hood Also Has The Word Outlaw On The Bottom Back Of The Hood On Each Side Behind The Shock

That is one serious sled! It gives me ideas for mine!
Imagine that, my sleeper dusting new iron! haha.
I wonder how reliable it was?! Love the cold air kit and pipes!

Bender Outlaw

The Outlaw That 82srx500 Owns Now Was Mine Till 2002 It Had A Decker Formula 3 540 Vmax Engine In It. With Some Very Cool Looking Pistons In It. We Picked Up The Engine From Steve Decker At The Haydays In 1996. The Sled Also Had A 116"camoplast Track. It Was Very Reliable As We Trail Rode It. Bruce Schrader From Pioneer Performance Who At The Time Worked At Bender Was One Of The Outlaw Project Heads. Hope This Helps

Back