Wifes suprise anniversary present

familyman

Lifetime VIP Member
I suprised my wife with this car. I arranged the day off, then decided to buy a car. Drove up to Lake Geneva, Wi on the Harley and picked it up. (Rims and tires were ordered from California and just got them on!)

What one wont do for the one they love. ;)!

100_0281.jpg

Beautiful car, but that second story aluminum deck is out of level and needs a guard rail to meet code!! :rulez:

Man I'm glad my wife doesn't get on this site. You'd be making me look bad. LOL

Did you get the salt shield on your trailer yet?

Chad.

Chad salt shield is on. Thanks for the good price! Had to modify the rails on the sled bed a little, but it works great. (so you dont want me to drive up with the wife this weekend and show it off to your wife?) Gary the guy that I was with, he did the same thing a week before we picked up the shield. But he spent LOTS of money on a special order 2007 mustang convertible.

Too funny about the :rulez: ... Building inspector didnt say a word about that scaffolding, but did want me to put something across that door until I get my spiral stair installed. :whine:

** but one of the same yaaahoooos that did that went to the hospital 3 weeks before that because he fell off the ladder at my house. knocked him out for about 3 minutes, first reponders were there about 4 minutes and he couldnt tell them who he was. Took him about 8-10 minutes before he was responding. Ended up tearing a muscle in his shoulder and hurt his arm and leg...nothing broke luckly** Before anyone asks, they had insurance!

Also, I got the car at a good price, off ebay for $4500.00 with 80,000 miles on it. 56 year old man owned the car since new. Bought it Tuesday, picked it up Wed on our anniversary and ordered up the rims on Thursday. Sold the eclipse for $2000 on Friday..did I mention it had 210,000 miles?

So really only put out $3750 for the car and rims. I say that was a good deal! ;)!

100_0277.jpg

100_0276.jpg

Last edited:
We bought it with 120,000 miles for $3000.00 from a buddy. It needed both front hub assemblies replace. He paid $500.00 for the hubs and the garage that had it couldnt get it apart. So he sold it to me for what the dealer was going to give for it as is. Long story there, but it took a torch and alot of work to get the axle from the hub.

He put a rebuilt motor in it shortly before we bought it.

40,000 miles ago the timing belt went. I replace the top end. Another thing that went was the rack and pinion about 35,000 miles ago. 5,000 miles ago I spend over $1000.00 replaced breaks, rotors, plugs, wires, o2, exhaust, fuel pump all filters and much more because my wife was driving it 30 minutes every day and I wanted it reliable.

All and all we got alot of miles out of it. Bought it right. Another buddy that knows the history of the car bought it from us without question.

I personally wouldnt buy another one. Real pain in the *** to work on. Everything we touch broke bolts and hard to reach anything. :dunno:

Back