Clutch spring trivia

Reimond

Hi,

Need help. Can you identify those two secondary springs on top row and one red promary spring from below. Those two (red secondary, yellow primary) are from Hauck.

26072006.jpg

Reimond

I think I can

If I bring my notes to work I might be able to identify them. From memory, the if the primary spring is orange it is a 45/136 and that secondary spring is what he calls his "snowcross" spring and it has a ton of side pressure. I've had success with that secondary spring keeping roller secondaries from overshifting.

Madmatt

That secondary spring looks like a Yammie Brown 613 kgf torsion & .63 kgf/mm compression. It is the lightest YVX secondary spring Yamaha makes; 1 notch down from a red. The other primary springs are aftermarket & not sure on their specs.

Madmatt said:
If I bring my notes to work I might be able to identify them. From memory, the if the primary spring is orange it is a 45/136 and that secondary spring is what he calls his "snowcross" spring and it has a ton of side pressure. I've had success with that secondary spring keeping roller secondaries from overshifting.

Madmatt

But with that red you have even more side pressure?

Reimond

i think turk is right, it looks like yamaha original braun spring. hauck red cross secondery spring is a bit longer i think. and the sidepressure of the cross spring is becouse its longer than normal springs, this giving it more pressure!

But Yamaha brown should be 'weakest' spring? This yellow/violet is pretty hard. Do you think these others are from Hauck also?

i dont realy know but my springs from hauck are always onecoloured no colour markings, not sure if this is for all hauck springs but if, then those are not hauck..

Back