Help Price?? - 94 Vmax 600 DX

Mountain SXr

Hello,

I sold my Sxr last year and need a replacement. I want a VK540 for my son (3) and I to putter on but I can't find one at a decent $.

I've got my eye on a 1994 Yamaha Vmax DX in good shap with 9400KM. What's it worth?

Thanks,

Need help.

600dx

Thanks for the reply.

Do you like the DX? How is it on gas? I've got a chance to pick one up with 9400 kms for under $1000cdn. Sound about right?

I just want a sled to putter on with my 3yr old. I wanted a vk540, but this is what I can find. I like the electric start and the reverse. Would like a 136"track at least, but beggers can't be choosers I guess....

Thanks again

Jon

well when it was stock it was great on gas...but now it has a big bore 700 and a bunch of other parts....it can be a pig on gas at times. Pulled electric start and reverse out.

awsome sled for stock though. 1000cdn is very good price.

Reverse

No, don't really want to sell the reverse. Not worth it to me.

Thanks though.

Any other comments on this sled? Anyone in ontario have a VK for sale? Anyone want to trade for a vk or an enticer?

Thanks

They were/are heavier than normal on oil usage, but if you're puttering, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I wish I would have bought one of these instead of the 93 Exciter SX I had, the Vmax is a MUCH warmer sled than the Exciter was(My only beef with the Exciter). Only had one burn down in our group of three, and that was due to lack of carb cleaning.

Purchased

Well, I'm back in the Yamaha snowmobile world. I purchased the 94 vmax 600dx with just under 9500kms for $900 Cdn. The sled appears in decent overall shape. Just having fun removing numerous excess stickers and stripes. Just want to leave the originals. It looks pretty clean under the hood as well.
I'm actually pretty impressed in how the sled appears and seems to run for the money. My son is going to have a blast this winter. Now I just have to find a decent repair manual. I don't think I'll have to many problems, but would like to be prepared.

Thanks for the earlier comments,

-Jon

Back