ebay or sell outright

montynormand

I just wanna vent for a second. I have bought numerous parts on ebay, even sold stuff there also. BUT I always post/look for stuff here or else where first. Help Support eachother first!!!!

This weekend I traveled nearly 600 miles to buy a sled that I have wanted for some time. Even with todays gas prices, It made economical sense to travel to get it rather than buy local. Could not buy one local for what I paid on Saturday..... Anyway, when I meet the guy and loaded the sled he asked If I wanted to see his racer sleds. He showed me his drag sleds and my mouth dropped. YAMAHA SR's; SRX's; a one off SR643 with a custom hand built liguid motor; and a SSR!!!! T make this story short, he must have had another 6-7 '77-79 SRX spare motors; another SSR motor and TONS of other motor parts. When I asked if he had any "stuff" I was looking for I got this responce..... "Yea I think I got those, Thinking of selling too. When I list on EBAY I'll let you know."
MAN THAT peeED ME OFF!!!!

Just bought his sled, Just traveled 300 miles one way and ...... When I list on EBAY I'll let you know
COME ON MAN!!!! I had cash in hand too
- o yea, by the way..... I made a few "runs" with the sled when I got home Sunday. YUMMY, YUMMY!!! cant wait to get it on the ice

whew, I fell better now! thanks

Alot of people think they will be better selling to ebay. Everything I posted on ebay (boat +$1500.00, car +$500, Motorcycle +$800) That is what I got over and behond the local listing price because they went on ebay.

But if I was thinking about selling something and someone was at my house offering..SOLD! Cash now is better then a little more cash later... :dunno:

If you got something people are hot after ebay is great. if you were selling a Frord Ranger 4x4 Splash!! edition - good luck, it's going wholesale baby ...... oh yea, I don't have a Ford Splash either.

I hear ya. I always use ebay as a last resort. I tried the local sites with people that I know and enjoy chatting with, or people I have met. then if I cant find anyone, ebay it up. maybe I am an idiot, but I would rather see it go to someone that helps support the sites I visit and the sport rather than get top dollar. sold a lot of my old saab SPG stuff by just asking all the people I knew and had met from going to the shows and club meets, that way it went to either friends or at least people that would appreciate it! I did the same here on TY. sold 3 pretty nice tracks here on TY for $100 a peice + shipping because I would rather be able to help out someone on this site with a good track cheap than get a few more $$$ on ebay :) an low and behold, they were all happy and seemed grateful for the deal :) makes this site great, the people. there, now I have vented off like you ;)

The thing I like about Ebay is the amount of exposure - it increases your chance of selling and sometimes gets you a better price - I've done well with both buying and selling on there - timing is everything - sell at the right time of year and buy at the right time of year!

Vmax540 said:
Come on now, Monty...... nothing like keeping us in suspense of your New ride ! ? ! :)

Nothing too special... just a '75 GPX 338. I have a GPX433 motor, so not sure what I'll run it as.
should add nicely to my race stable. '72 GP292 mod; '73 SR292; '75 GPX; '78 et300 (et250 coverted)

Back