Which track?

maxout01

VIP Member
I need a new track this year. I'm looking for a good 1" track (121) for good overall riding. I ride mostly trails but still want something good for off trails/racing. I was looking into the ripsaw but too many people say you loose too much top end and they are too soft. I drag race alot of doo's and don't want too loose top end power/speed. The two I've been looking at are the predator 9830h and the hacksaw. What are your thoughts? Also what do I get as far as clipped goes?

I think you will find the six pitch 9830 to be the way to go - most guys will say it is about the best 1" track you can get - I haven't seen alot of feedback on the Hacksaw

yammiman said:
I think you will find the six pitch 9830 to be the way to go - most guys will say it is about the best 1" track you can get - I haven't seen alot of feedback on the Hacksaw

i agree, pretty good track over all, do your research. :)

I just bought the 9830H from Rich for $325 shipped. The thing just looks fast sitting there in the wrapper, can't wait to put it on. Rich also said it was what he used, no complaints from him. Also the pre-drilled holes will save some work for studding. Thanks Rich

its like blonde versus burnette :) hard to decide.the 9009 hacksaw is more aggressive for harder trails and the 9830 predator is better in loose snow.either one is a great track.i have acouple of the pre-drilled for studs 9830's left at last years price for $325 shipped.but after haydays in 2 weeks i probally wont.new 9830 or 9009 without holes would be $345 shipped.pre-drilled would be $365 shipped.

I don't think I would ever stud the track. I am concerned with the clipping on the track. What is the best to opt for for the clips??

i personally would stick to the 6 pitch series. Not that i don't think the ripsaw/hacksaw is a good track... it is, but i think the six pitch (9830) is the way to go for overall riding... good bite on hardpack and way better than ripsaw off trail.

Even if you needed a little extra bite, stud the 9830 and you have the best of both worlds.

As for the clipping, it really depends on what you wanna do. One huge benefit to a fully clipped track is to be able to run extrovert drives to stop track ratcheting. You are able to run the track looser this way and get more glide out of the track. The fully clipped track also provide slightly less friction and helps keep the hyfax cool. The disadvantages to a fully clipped track are they are 2-3 pounds heavier then the clipped every third track. That is a lot of weight for rotating mass. In general for most trail riders, I recommend just getting a clipped every third track. Plus they are less expensive! Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

I don't mean to hijack this thread but are there any opinions on the new iceripper track? I am looking for a new track for my viper and would like to have something that works well in the powder as well as hardpack. It sounds like a 1.25" 9830 might be the way to go.

Back