Electrical System Overhaul

Blue_Blooded

How are the electrical systems off the newer dual headlight systems better than the old? My sled is totally stripped down to nothing with the motor out and torn down. I'm doing a massive overhaul to get it race-ready for hilldrags in '07. The thing I want to do is get this electrical system up to par. I would also like to have the dual headlight set-up.(jus looks that much cooler) The work to get it done is not a big deal, if its good to go since everything is torn down I am doing it. Do I simply buy all the electrical components off the new system? Any info is welcomed, Thank You.

I know some how has a 1997 700sx and went to a dual beam set up..Alot of work and $ Don't think it's worth it..

??

Blue_Blooded said:
How are the electrical systems off the newer dual headlight systems better than the old? My sled is totally stripped down to nothing with the motor out and torn down. I'm doing a massive overhaul to get it race-ready for hilldrags in '07. The thing I want to do is get this electrical system up to par. I would also like to have the dual headlight set-up.(jus looks that much cooler) The work to get it done is not a big deal, if its good to go since everything is torn down I am doing it. Do I simply buy all the electrical components off the new system? Any info is welcomed, Thank You.

what sled are you talking about?

you have to change the stator and the whole electrical syustem I don't what eles you have to change by the stator.

i just did this swap year and a half ago. i took an 02 motor, all electrical gauge pd and headlight and put it in the mtn srx chassis.

you need all wiring, all electrical gauge pod headlight stator cdi box . from what ever year srx electrical your swapping to. its alot more than what your thinking but friend of mine and i worked on it all day and it worked fine. if your goona do this its best to buy a wrecked sled or buy everything electrical and what else i mention from it

requires some mods like drilling another hole for cdi box because 98-99 boxes are smaller also need the bar over the fuel tank to mount the servo motor because the 99 and up srx's relocated the servo motor and cables also need the longer power valve cables. if your gonna do it, do it right.

forgot to mention the 01 02 had dual hand and thumb warmer settings so you would need the shroud for that and dont forget about when yamaha put TPS on these sleds!!

There were a ton of changes made through 98-02 your better off having a complete wrecked sled ready for a donor for the conversion. Its a pretty intense conversion

Sweet info, thanx it definitely helped me out, i'll have to show the sled on ty wen im done. Since hilldrags aren't until late winter I should have plenty of time even though im going to college full time. I was wondering on a color scheme and graphics. any suggestions?

Back