Carburetor Question

NMMM700

Does anybody have a diagram that shows where the air correction jets are on a Yamaha MM700 tripple carburetor. Also how do you remove and replace them? I have read that the .08 air correction jets work well on the 700MM at high elevation. Any help is appreciated.

Maybe air correction jet isn't the correct term for the the jet. I have looked at the Yamaha online diagram for the carb, but I don't see it listed. Does anybody know where that jet is on the carb? Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Does that air jet remove and install by unscrewing it like a pilot or main jet? What sizes does this air jet come in? I understand the factory is a 1.0. Is this correct? I have read to use a 0.7 or 0.8 at high altitude. Does this make sense?

Yes it should just unscrew, and a 1.0 sounds like it might be the stock jet. Take a look here to see if it is: http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/AAATuning Chart/Specs.htm

As to whether you should change it for altitude, someone else will have to chime in, I'm in the 'flatlands'. You could also start a new post in the mountain forum. Putting a smaller jet in will reduce the amount of air going into the idle mixture and should richen the mixture. By the chart in the link above, yamaha used a couple different air jets and the .8 looks like it came standard in the 500's. I would start a new post in the Mountain sled forum, more jetting experience there.

It's important here to also note that when removing that jet that you absolutely have the right screwdriver to fit in the jet groove. If not, major damage can occur to the top of the jet and you will then have to drill it out. Grind a screwdriver to fit if you have to.

Back