Headlights

sbojan

VIP Member
Has anyone installed an HID kit in their sled? How has it worked and how is the durability with the temp extremes and bouncing?

(By HID kit I am refering to the whole system with actual Xenon bulbs and ballasts)

why not get a pair of 85/55 watt bulbs, so you can use low beams when people are aproaching.

no hi/low for HID

I am considering getting the unit with the hi and low beams. I have a buddy who has retrofitted projectors into his car to make the HID work how it should, he has offered to do it my sled so I don't blind people coming at me. Just curious the durability of these under the conditons...

Venom,
The link you posted are not true HID, they are Halogen with a tint to them. Just FYI if your are looking for true HID

I work with most of the Automotive lighting companies and looked into retro fitting an automotive HID unit into my Viper. I found out that if your sled does not have a battery, it cannot produce consistant enough current to keep from burning out the HID unit. A guy I work with added HID lamps to his enduro bike and kept buring the units up. So if your sled has a battery you might get it to work. G.B.

HID with hi and low use a mechanical device to cover and uncover part of the filament. I can't see it working well and lasting on anything but perfect trails.

Back