New Viper...to me anyway.

YamiSmurf

Purchased an 02 Viper last weekend with only 874 miles. Came with a new deluxe cover, heelclickers with helix, 192 studs. Looking forward to an early snowfall.

YS

Attachments

• Viper&SX 001.jpg
    Viper&SX 001.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Viper&SX 002.jpg
    Viper&SX 002.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Viper&SX 004.jpg
    Viper&SX 004.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Viper&SX 005.jpg
    Viper&SX 005.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 22

Looks awesome man.
Seems to be nicely equipped already. Any other plans for it?
What did ya end up getting it for?

akrievins said:
Looks awesome man.
Seems to be nicely equipped already. Any other plans for it?
What did ya end up getting it for?

Thanks. It does look much better in person than in the photos. Wish I had a good camera. I paid 3500.00, but would have paid more after seeing it in person.

YS

maxdlx said:
Was that the one on ebay. It is a very clean nice looking sled. Maxdlx

I bought it from a gentleman just outside Detriot, MI. He listed in on TY 2stroke forums.

YS

The sleds shocks have not been updated. Yamaha is still offering the upgrade for 189.00 plus I get to keep the original shocks. Great deal.

YS

Thanks everyone. When we arrived to look at the Viper, the orginal owner was cleaning his other sled using Q-tips on the smaller more difficult areas to reach.

YS

Last edited:
YamiSmurf said:
The sleds shocks have not been updated. Yamaha is still offering the upgrade for 189.00 plus I get to keep the original shocks. Great deal.

YS

Nice clean viper...

Are you sure they let you keep the old shocks? If this is the case I'll take my sled in and forget about removing the shocks and sending them out to be revalved. Who do you deal with in the kzoo area?

ajviper, Thanks, it's crazy clean. Yamaha doesn't officially let you keep the shocks, the dealer is required to hold them for 90 days til word from Yamaha. But I bought original viper shocks from someone who's dealer let them have them after the swap. There shouldn't be a problem. M&M Motorsports in Kzoo is my dealer. The service department guys are the best.

YS

Thanks... maybe I'll have to take a drive to Kalamazoo. I was going to remove my shocks and have them revalved, but if I can have new ones put on for $189 in addition to keeping my old ones, then that's what I'll do. You can't beat that deal.

Like you I bought mine (for a ridiculously low price)from someone outside of Det. last year and it was mint with only 500miles on it .

Last edited:
AJViper, I'll keep you informed about the shocks. I plan on dropping mine off this weekend, then have to wait for the shocks to be ordered/delivered/installed etc.

YS

YamiSmurf said:
AJViper, I'll keep you informed about the shocks. I plan on dropping mine off this weekend, then have to wait for the shocks to be ordered/delivered/installed etc.

YS

Please do... In the meantime I'll check with my local dealer and see what they have to say about it.

THanks!

Back