Pic resizing help needed

Sno-Xr

I did some drawings on Microsoft Paint, the dimensions are 467 x 435. But the size is 596 kb which is too big to download on TY. Is there a way to lower the kb without shrinking the diminsions?
Sorry, but Im not the most Puter literate!! :dunno:

LFM , PM me your Email addy and I will send them. Or if you can give me some hints how to do it, I'll give it a try. Thanks
Shorty, I have pic resizer but I couldnt figure out how to just reduce the kb and not the dimensions of the drawings. I do use it for all my Pics though and it works great!Thanks, Sno-X

I think MSpaint uses bitmaps so converting to jpeg should accomplish the downsizing without affecting the overall dimensions. Unless of course you saved it as a jpeg?!?!?

Trying ImageShack
seatriserpatternpr6.png

Sno-Xr said:
Shorty, I have pic resizer but I couldnt figure out how to just reduce the kb and not the dimensions of the drawings. I do use it for all my Pics though and it works great!Thanks, Sno-X

It does not allow you to choose KB size because the program doesn't know if you want the picture 200x100 pixels or 100x200 pixels which would be the same amount of KB. 200x100 is just an example. If you size down the dimensions and then check the properties of the file you will be able to see the physical size in KB of the file. ;)!

shortstop20 said:
It does not allow you to choose KB size because the program doesn't know if you want the picture 200x100 pixels or 100x200 pixels which would be the same amount of KB. 200x100 is just an example. If you size down the dimensions and then check the properties of the file you will be able to see the physical size in KB of the file. ;)!
The pics are small already.
When I look at the Properties and it shows the dimensions 467 x 435 @ 596kb but photos I have are are 800 x 600 @ only 82kb. What makes the kb's so high on the smaller dimensions and not the one with larger dimensions?

Sno-Xr said:
The pics are small already.
When I look at the Properties and it shows the dimensions 467 x 435 @ 596kb but photos I have are are 800 x 600 @ only 82kb. What makes the kb's so high on the smaller dimensions and not the one with larger dimensions?

That picture you posted is png. I'm no expert on image file types but I do know that the net prefers jpg because it compresses into a smaller file kb wise.

First image is a jpeg: 18kb
Second is a gif: 42.4
The png version is 37.1kb but it wouldn't let me post a png file that big.
All three are 287x287

Attachments

• yam_logo1.JPG
    yam_logo1.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 41
  • yam_logo1.gif
    yam_logo1.gif
    42.4 KB · Views: 41
go to Irfanview.com and follow the link to get the free download. It works great.

Back