In need of more shop time

montynormand

I need more shop time

Its 22 degrees out side today and mother nature is now making ICE. Just thought I would tease you guys with a quick pic of my '07 vintage race sleds.
They are not yet 100% ready to rumble

MY GPX and SR; and then the boys enticer

:bling: ;)!

Attachments

• 99a.JPG
    99a.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Enticer Seat

Hey montynormand those are nice sleds ;)! , on your kids enticer the first thing i noticed was the seat. What is that seat off of and what modifications did you do to get it to fit? I have 1980 entincer delux for my boys ( 11 and 9)and i want to get them into the Mod bug.
Thanks

Bendersrx -thanks for the comment

that seat is from a late model vmax. cant exactly rember but 97-99 I think. Hard to see, but I also have the same seat on the GPX. Inorder to fill the gap where it wraps around the tank, I used a SM292 '74 fuel tank. My stepson wanted his enticer to look like my SR, so I hade the graphics scaled down to match.
This is actually a '78 et250 that I bought for $25. Will be putting a superstock et300 twin in her. Belly pan was trash when I bought it, so I made a mold and did one in fiberglass. only 2 layers thick.
If I have time this weekend, I am gonna pull out my 72 and 71 292's and post a pic of the whole team"terminal velocity" fleet!
once I get the motor mounted I will post pics of the entire sled. Your kids will really like some of the other mods done!

Last edited:
Nice little collection there. I like that seat also. My wallet won't care for it. Better hide that picture from my son. He's pretty pumped about being able to ride this year. Everytime someone comes over he wants me to open up the garage so he can show off his sled. How fast will the 78 ET-250 go stock? He will be 8 in April.

perfect starter sled for him. you may want to adjust the throttle pull so that he can not run wide open for awhile. they are quick light sleds.
It was hard to find matching seats for the et and gpx. The et seat cost me around $125 and the GPX was only $40 but has two tears that will have to be repaired

we have a 78 et250 and that little bugger is fast (for its age). ours against 340 twins usually passes them. so count on it doin 40-50 mph at least. ours does abou 55-60 mph but havent run it last couple of years.

love the old, red white and black.......brings back some great memories.i had a gp433 when i was lad,boy it would leave a pile in my shorts,but hey i had the baddest sled on the street.

Well montynormand

I think i might have done it. Last night i showed the boys your sons sled and they couldn't believe it was the same body as theirs and you should have heard them. My roomate saw it and the seat. He said well we have the SRX spare seat and right away they said we could paint it Blue just like yours Dad. I wish i could dive into right now and do it but i think i'm going to wait util spring and we can take the whole summer to do it. I want them to do most of the work, sanding installing parts etc. I have seen an old SRX on here somewhere painted blue just like the newer SRX's.
Question, do you think a 99 srx seat would fit. Thanks montynormand. I noticed a thread on here the other day of posting your sled family. I'm going to line them up this weekend and post pics. I can't wait to see all the other mods you have done.
Take care
BenderSRX

I am on a super tight schedule this weekend, But really want to get my "family of race sleds" together. I am actually tradding my '72 GP292 stock class sled this weekend. Tradded it for a '85 BMW full dress motorcycle.

montynormand said:
Its 22 degrees out side today and mother nature is now making ICE. Just thought I would tease you guys with a quick pic of my '07 vintage race sleds.
They are not yet 100% ready to rumble

MY GPX and SR; and then the boys enticer

:bling: ;)!

What a cool pic of the garage Monty! Love the SR decal kits on all the sleds, thats Bad a$$! ;)!

Thanks toydoc. I am leaving the GPX alone this winter. Think I may grass drag it this summer. Cant make up my mind on leaving it a 338 or putting the 433 motor in it. Also would like to do the GPX in SR decals also. Just to keep a "team" fell.

speaking the truth

montynormand said:
thanks redmater
Hey, Monty those were the best of times for me,with the best of sleds.......old school needs to brought back into todays schools....pledge alligence.....today everything is to complicated. i still drive a 1985 chevy pick up and i have a 79 malibu built to the hilt. 1.I can work on my vehicles with wrenches and they run great. 2.thats just me and the machine....bending my AZZ over then fender has never been a problem...your sleds rock and keep them rockin.also teach the young to apreciate the old school guys, without them we would'nt have some of the finer things we have today.

The Mater

montynormand said:
Thanks toydoc. I am leaving the GPX alone this winter. Think I may grass drag it this summer. Cant make up my mind on leaving it a 338 or putting the 433 motor in it. Also would like to do the GPX in SR decals also. Just to keep a "team" fell.

What if you get another GPX hood and do the SR decals? Have stock one for what or when ever you want to put it back on. I like the SR team look, but it's more of a "first love" thing for me. ;)!

I would 100% love to find another hood for that exact reason. Trying to find a hood that I can afford is tough. Guys around here are getting huge money for GPX stuff. I can however buy a "new" Kalamazoo sno pro hood from Lee for $250. Too rich for me. I know fiberglass pretty well, so I may be forced to turn this stock one into a sno pro style

Back