L.E.D.'s inside the headlights

ejcamaro

Life Member
Website
www.myspace.com
Just finished testing my new screw mount leds inside my apex headlights. Its more of a parking lot effect I guess, but I like it!! These are alot brighter than other leds I've tried, seems like I may be able to see them on a cloudy day even. I wish my SRX had a battery!!!!!

Attachments

• 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 49

I see to many zit farms driving around with their honda civic's with colored lights!!!! no on sleds??

probably would have been better to tell you this before ejacamaro, but they have leds that sit in the middle of a round adhesive patch specifically for those purposes. drill a hole the size of the led, it goes through the hole and into the lense and the contact patch keeps it air tight so you don't get a fogged up lense and makes it super easy.

auji700triple said:
Hey Ejcamero, Read my thread on the SRX/Viper Section. Can you Give me a little info on them? Are they ahrd to position, Where can i get a good set. Quality, Life, Power. Looking to brighten up my sled:D

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30853 a Pic showing what im intrested in.

These l.e.d.s are screw mount Auji, meaning they fit through a screw hole, so they won't work for your application. Plus I don't think they would be bright enough for lighting up the whole underside of a sled. I think the best I found for that are sno-force kits, which are pricey.
sxviper32, thanks for the info, that would've made this easier. I used alot of silicone to try to ket it moisture proof.

I was thinking of mounting some blue led's behind the grills, or to the side slightly , making the grills glow. any one do that? would still be able to give an effect when running ( headlights on)

Ramb

they are cool......mine are on order now. makes me wonder if they are worth putting in the headlights now? someone may need to be the eyes for ej at night!

I Put some red ones on my snowmobile, just under the tunnel, along the running board, looked great before it melted the very light gauge wire (figured it would).

The kit I got sent to me had two double AA batteries, im gona use that as my power supply now. Installed a kinda hidden toggle switch, and am just gona keep a bunch of batteries with me. I dont plan on using it that much.

I got the LEDS off some truck site, which was really designed for my Ram! Just to be safe, im gona take the batteries out when im not with it and turn the toggle switch off.

Not sure if they are legal or not, but sure does look good, and those headlights are even sicker!!

Back