My buck..for all you hunters (warning: graphic)

gwinnraptor

This is my buck i shot this year in Michigans Upper penninsula. Its my first UP buck. First buck i have seen or shot since living up here, i have went 4 years now with being skunked, and finally my hard work and patience paid off. No guide and no game ranch, this was all me hunting on private property with some doe-in-heat and some bait. Shot him at 5 minutes to 5:00 on 11-20.

10 points ~ 16" spread, 8" G2 tines. Green scored at 124", 1 " shy of being in the Commemorative bucks of Michigan record books. This is the biggest buck i have ever seen or shot. I am very excited still. Just figured i would share my buck with you all.

10ff6.jpg

4lz1.jpg

3rj4.jpg

nice buck i have seen some nice ones bowhunting this year and almost got a shot with my bow but now that gun season has rolled around i haven't even seen a buck yet

It was wierd because its been unordinarily warm here, the day i shot him i almost didnt go out. It was 44 degrees, sunny, and no wind. I figured i wouldnt se anything at all. They have been moving at really wierd times around here, like really early in the night and on really warm days. Its been a very wierd season so far....but very good for me!!!

good luck

I would definately make that a wall hanger. Nice job. I broke my 5 year dry spell with a 3 and 8 point this year. They were both year and a half olds. The 8 point had 12" spread. Not bad for a deer his age. Congrats again

In natures Image is doing the head mount for me. The guy is close to me, he has placed 2nd oin the world for taxidermy mounts, and he has mounted deer for nugent before. Kinda pricey compared to the side guys around here. BUT....this guy does quality work, and this one i wanted to be quality. He charged me $425.00 for the mount.

I haven't even bought one myself, that price doesn't sound too bad for a quality mount. Great Buck! I'm heading up for muzzleloader in two weekends. I'm a guest so I'll be going after the does....

Ding said:
No more Escanaba in Da Moonlight for you !!!

Not if his Chemmie toka shieet (Chevy took a shit). Then he'd be right back in it, funny but weird movie.

Gwinnraptor: Congrats on there buck, diff. a wall hanger. Your guys weather up there like ya said has been unusally warm. From the time I spent up there and from what my dads buddy was tellin me that lives up there its been really warm for some reason. Our hunt camp normally pulls out 8-10 compared to this year we end firearm season with only 4. My dads buddy lives in Cedarville but his property is in Hessel. Well have a good one and enjoy all that meat.

i think most mounts go around 350 to 375 around where i live but if the guy is super good it would be worth it.

Back