New skis and track

archer

on Kims sx600. First time replacing a track. Air tools and TY were both a huge help! Now it's the SRX turn.

Pardon the mess in the barn. I can see I need to organize better if i'm gonna post pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Please dont tell me I put it on backwards! The name "camoplast" apprears rightside up when looking at it from the back but the "C"'s stamped on the closed windows are upside down??!

Yes I did. dammit. Now I see the LITTLE arrow right by the word camoplast. I searched previous posts on this. Might not make much difference on the 9818. Should I change it? Not sure if we are going to stud it...

Thanks for the feedback, Pro. I guess we'll try it before I decide to take it apart again. Now I know!

That sucks - I hate to be the one to say it - but I think you'll get better track life if you flip it - the way the cones are molded it would support the finger better in acceleration if it were flipped around. I bet it will stop real good the way it is though - Could you check with Camoplast maybe? Good luck whatever you choose to do. I know it sucks to change them - not that big of a deal but I wouldn't want to do it more than once a season.

xs

Intesting

I see your POV, XS. Several previous posts indicate that the priority on most tracks is stopping. A closer look at my track seems to show that the (slightly) more agressive side of the lugs is oriented towards more bite on acceleration. Anyone else care to comment? An older post by my almost-neighbor Ding says that the track may suffer as it is currently installed. You can just see the arrow right above the "hi" in hi-performance.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 12
Some guys run 'em backwards on purpose....more traction?? Another thought is the warranty.... If it fails within the warranty (which isn't likely), Camoplast could refuse to honour the warranty due to improper installation.... You'll probably be fine, but if it bugs you, change it... Besides, you're an expert now at changing tracks! LOL!

i know a lot of guys up in the UP that run em backwards for the traction and never have a problem so its up to you.

It should be fine that way at least for awhile. Next time you take out the rear suspension for maintenance flip it around quick if you want. From that point it is really only a 20 minute job.

Back