hmans 02 SRX

03viperguy

another sweet sled. this dude is full of em ;)
IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

few questions. first, does that thing really have a COMPLETE set of Ohlins?!?!?!
and what kind of temp gauge is that?? looks great!

03viperguy, yes it has a full set of Ohlin's and 7 1/2" rear wheels (from 79SRX) with a Pioneeer wheel extender kit. The temp gauge I just bought from Summit Racing for around $70 with the sending unit. It works great and unlike an idiot light you detect the slightest changes in lack of cooling instantly and it has a memory recall for highest temp reached since you started last. I run this sled with Mega Power ported cylinders and head set for the first two years then one year with a CPR780 top end, but she is back to stock now other than V-force reeds, clutching, C&A skis and a Tempaflow. This sled has never let me down and I have tried alot of different setups with it. hman.

(Thanks again 03viperguy for posting the pics)

no problem for posting the pics, I like doing it :) and thats pretty cool you have tried all the different setups! what made you go to stock, and what setup did you like best?

The CPR 780 was the strongest running setup and the most costly but I think having to run the Wiseco pistons in it, that setup would have had the shortest lifespan for the type of miles I ride. With the Mega Power setup the sled ran great but were always looking for more so thats why I went to the 780. I went back to stock because I picked another sled that I ride now and sometimes the wife rides the SRX and the 780 would have been a little much for her and stock it still runs nice. hman.

Ok so you have another yet! We need to have a number. And some more pics!!!!!!!!!! Sweet SRX!

sweet :) nothing like a wife that rides a SWEET ride lol! so what made you try doo if you (clearly) seem to be a yamaha guy at heart? you have a collection worthy of evny!

The SRX has 3900 miles. I have owned all four brands including a 77 340 Arctic Cat Z that I would love to still have and a 92 Ski Doo Mach1 X that was real fast. The Ski Doo I'm trail riding now is just alot easier on the old body after a long day. I'm getting older and I try to collect the sleds that ment the most to me in the past. The Vmax 4 I had to have because I was dying to get one when they came out in 92 but couldn't afford it then. hman.

HMAN !!!!! AGAIN WERE ALIKE lol!! I HAVE A 1980 SRX. I HAVE A 1995 VMAX 800, AND A 2002 SRX. lol!!!!!! ALL YOUR SLEDS ARE AWSOME. 3:16 (tony)

hman, my dad is a big cat fan (vintage stuff) and might actually have a 77 Z :) if he does, it will be my turn to post pics ;)

Back