What '95 Vmax parts fit to upgrade my '85 Phazer?

Overdrive

My friend is parting out his '95 Vmax 500 with a fried engine and I'm wondering what parts would fit my '85 Phazer. I'd like to use the heated grips and throttle, and the the switches, as they are in nicer shape than mine are. Can the rear suspension be swapped in? Is it worth the trouble? I don't like how squirelly the extra short track on mine feels at higher speeds. His is the long track Vmax. I'm also wondering if the clutches would fit? Anything else that could be an upgrade for the old phazer?

vmax parts

the front pogo's will bolt right in and have I think 2 inches more travel than yours do . I would go for the skid too , long track would be cool , but would require some modification but if you have the vmax tunnel to use as a template would be easy swap just relocating a few holes . I used an 90 exciter II skid under my SRX had my buds sled to use for measure the new holes , used poster board to make a template to transfer the forward hole from the left side to the right side worked great .
:letitsnow

Will those big TSS struts fit inside the front side panels?

I am thinking of building a wide kit for my phazer anyways... maybe I can use parts of the VMax steering gear and sway bar?

too tall

my bad , yes you will have to widen the front , excellent mod to do anyway , did a 6" in mine , VMAX540 can help you with the parts for a wide kit

Attachments

• Apr27$45.JPG
    Apr27$45.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 94
I see that your struts are clear outside your bodywork. How does that look up close? I was thinking getting some Phazer II side panels, but that seems like a lot of work to swap out...

close up

yes the reason they are out there is so I can upgrade to the vmax struts , check out Chucks (Vmax540) exciter pics . look in "working log ", "90 exciter transformation "lots of pics from start to finish . you cant believe the difference a wide kit make in stability , check out vintagevmax.com for step by step instructions
Kevin

I believe the difference it makes. My brother used a Phazer II kit on his '85 Phazer (made his own tube spacers). His stock phazer shocks are outside the phazer II wide panels. The stock early phazer side panels are kinda like the vmax. It's night and day compared to mine. The only thing left is the crazy short track. Backing off the throttle at high speed makes for all sorts of squirellyness...

Nice wide front end....I am going to do my 89 SRV540 to 42" in the front end, with vmax 5/6 struts....will post pics when done!

SRXfromHELL said:
my bad , yes you will have to widen the front , excellent mod to do anyway , did a 6" in mine , VMAX540 can help you with the parts for a wide kit

Back