eating powder!

mountainx01

over the weekend will riding with my father who has a 03 pol. sks 700. i noticed how much more snow flies up from the front of my skis{stock} and over the hood of my machine, which has the low shield on it. Is there any way to lift the front end ordo something to eliminate so much snow going through my hood. :letitsnow

If you are rideing a Mountain Max with plastic skis, this is what I did and it helped some. I redrilled the very tip mounting bolts about a half inch lower, forcing the ski to flatten out some and it did help although there was still plenty of snow over the hood.

If all else fails, stand up and let the snow hit you in the chest. Good luck.

Get a set of powder skis, simmons, etc. I had the same problem with my MM, it would torpedo in the deep snow with the stock skis. I put on a new set of Simmons this year and I can't believe the difference, really kept front of the sled farther off of the snow. Now there is about half as much snow that comes up over the hood.

thanks for the suggestions my sled is a o1 mm. has anyone tried the new sly dog powder skis? just wondering. i cant believe how expensive skis are!

alt

A very good Ski is the stock Apex Mountain Ski. I prefer it over my C/A Powder Skiis.Someone has them in the Classified ads on this site for $150 no carbides and in that post someone has the carbides. Those skiis put power steering feel back on my sled with great sidehilling and floatation.

Bolt in

They are a straight bolt in. It has 2 thick washers per ski which you can centre or offset ski stance by stacking them differently.

The new SlyDog Powderhound seems to be an excellent choice. Even outshining my previous favorites.

gild said:
A very good Ski is the stock Apex Mountain Ski. I prefer it over my C/A Powder Skiis.Someone has them in the Classified ads on this site for $150 no carbides and in that post someone has the carbides. Those skiis put power steering feel back on my sled with great sidehilling and floatation.

I also agree on this one, The wider bottom makes a huge improvement on keeping the snow off you & the sled up on the snow. Had Simmons which was Great over the stock viper ski, Now have Powder Pros which are Great also but that was before the new Mountain ski. Either way as Pontiac says it "Wider is better" :)

Yamaha's stock skis are decent performers on trails but are severly lacking when it comes to deep snow. I have just recently switched to Simmons skis on my MM7, snow over the hood is almost totally eliminated as well as they float better and prevent your front end from submarinning when you let off the throttle. I think all the mentioned skis will definately help. I almost(because of $$$) bought the new yamaha mountain skis. But found a pair of Simmons on eBay($275 shipped), you might keep a eye out there. Soc

Back