Turbo'd Apex GT

A blower will never make as much HP as a turbo and it's harder to tune up the boost on a blower as well. Now the blower is a quicker installation time and less underhood heat as well. For installation time on an Apex I can do blower install start to finish in 8 hours. The MC Xpress rear mount kit (this involved removing the head and going to a thicker head gasket) took 30 hours for turbo install only. The Simons CPR front mount will end up right around 20 hours for installation time. If you know you'll be happy with 7 lbs of boost then the blower is great. You can run up to 11.5 lbs of boost on the Stage 1 blower kit on 50/50 race & pump gas mix.

MC Xpress 260 hp @ 12 lbs boost on pump gas (this is their standard kit)

Simons CPR 235 hp @ 7.5 lbs boost on pump gas (standard kit)

MPI Supercharger 215 hp @ 7.5 lbs boost on pump gas (standard kit 24 tooth pulleys)

Let me know if you're interested in pricing or having a system installed.

:yam: ;)!

I prefer blowers over turbos but understand they arent quite as much as a gain as a turbo. Instant power right now and no lag from what I hear. Are they more reliable??

What kind of maintenance am I looking at for a blower? Bearings? Sealed oil?

What would 215HP feel like on the trail with a MTN Apex or climbing hills? For the average rider like me, would I have a grin from ear to ear every time? I would like to think so.

I just bought the sled from Ryan, Pro116. I got to test drive this sled the way it is last month in munising.

What has to be done / is included to richen the fuel metering on the Apex fuel injection for all that additional air? Larger injectors, reprogrammer or both?

Also, Would you need to modify the compression for just 7 PSI blower system. I dont see how you would have to. Now comes the clutching of course. Would you be able to run the stock Attak clutch set-up from the factory or need alot more weight. I know people talk alot about your super tips. NOS-PRO told me in munising the Attak comes clutched very good from the factory but he needed super tips from you for running NOS.

Possibly interested in the MPI charger. PM me on the price please.

Hi man!
Really nice thread this, great pictures. Nice to see what`s required to mount a turbo on an RX-1. Everybody speaks of the RX-1`s with turbo nowadays.. .

Did you remove the head in order to put a thinner or thicker gasket on?. Not necessary to remove the cyls?.
Does it need news jets in the carbs?.

Gees I think the RX-1 is so fast without turbo, can`t understand why everybody needs a turbo. But I`m 100% sure that I`d understand it if I got to try one.. .

kimoaj, FYI

my srx will wax a stock RX-1..... I bet yours will too. This thread is about an electronic controlled fuel injected turbo Apex. (no jets to change nor equipped with carbs) Cylinders and block is a one piece deal. Completely different from 2 stroke.. Hope I answered your questions.

PS I love the work you did on that Vmax

PSS I was joking about having a blown motor in my SRX to send you. I just couldnt get over the quality of work that you did for your friend. Seeing what you did, I would be happy to pay shipping and parts if I blew my SRX motor since you offered the labor for free

tomseal6: what does FYI mean ? :).
I actually don`t think my SRX would wax an RX-1, I always spinn like hell out of the line. If I race my friend with his Vector MTN we`re almost even, but he tends go get a little ahead of me. But, for all I know he might have had better traction then me, very different traction from spot to spot on the lake. But.. that`s only "wish thinking".
I spoke to the dealer in town, I mentioned that I did own an RX-1 last year, they said the RX-1 was faster then the SRX, the guy said it only "felt" like te SRX was faster because it was crisper from bottom.
I don`t know.. I really don`t care if I`m fast in a dragerace or not, or who I beat and who I don`t beat, all I want is to climb as high as I can.

At first I kind of laughed at Johnny Skeptical , it`s kind of wierd that Yamaha makes a video where they critisize all the sleds they`ve built (two strokes), but sometimes I agree. Now and then I get frustrated when I foul plugs, a BR9ECS plug is 19$ in Norway. The Syntethic two stroke oil is also 19$per liter. Premium gas is also more expensive then 95octan. For sure the first RX-1 was heavy (personally I didn`t have an issue with that, I was so blown away by the engine) and tippy, but it sure is reliable. I rode 1100km on my RX-1 and not a single time did it bog or anything when I pinned it, not a single time.

The thing is, I really don`t think weight matters that much, it`s amazing what you can do if you`re a good rider. But at the end of the day you`re more exhausted after having ridden a heavy machine.

Gees I`m offtopic now, sorry.

Thanks for the nice comment on the V-Max 4 job tomseal6, makes me happy:).
I guess it`s kind of unlikely for someone to ship an engine to Norway for rebuilding, but I would rebuild it for sure:).

FYI means For your information. I forgot you have a 99 SRX. Didnt know you liked to climb instead of go fast.

I ran the 8DN-20 weights in my sled when climbing and i think you have the heavy 8DN-00 weights in which are no good for climbing or drag racing which the 98-99 SRX came with. I went with 20/40 gears in the chain case for climbing which worked very very well.

BTW (By The Way) Im in the navy and on deployment in Djibouti Africa right now. We stopped in Shannon Ireland for fuel on the way over and was thinking you didnt live too far from there although the grass was green in shannon Ireland.

But just wanted to also say that Your sled is very very capable of beating the RX-1 climbing and drag racing. Just have t set it up for one or the other. Cant have both but can be set up to beat RX-1 either way. Your right, RX-1 is heavy!!! and I have raced the RX-1 in a sanctioned race with my SRX and won every time.

I raced a Apex/Attak last month and it waxed my SRX!!! The new Apex/Attak sleds are phenominal.

I just bought a 2007 Mountain Apex for $7,000 US with the trade of a red 97 SX 700 I gave up for as a trade.

Heres a pic of exactly what it looks like.

Attachments

• 07_apex_mtn_blue_1.jpg
    07_apex_mtn_blue_1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 16
srxspec: sorry for talking about offtopic stuff in your thread!

tomseal6: Thanks for the nice reply.
My SRX clutch setup is all stock, the seller had some heelclicker weights that I was suppost to get, (he didn`t have them where he stored the sled), said he would send them to me. I never got them and now I can`t reach him.. . Gah.

I`m sure I can beat an RX-1 with my SRX, however I don`t have a problem with the fact that I don`t. My problem is the unreliable power it delivers, sure it`s a blast to ride when it runs like it should, but when you climb a hill and need reliable power it`s annoying not knowing if it will scream when you floor it or if it will hesitate for some stupid reason, or foul a plug for that matter.
But, my SRX did run very good on the last ride when I taped off all the vents in the hood, so basically I don`t know why I`m complaining.. I`m just a dork sometimes.

One thing that bothers me is the fuel consumption. It does burn ALOT more fuel then a fourstroke. Sometimes it feels like it uses twice as much, although I know it`s impossible that it actually does that.

Congratulations with the new Apex Mountain, the coolest sled around, if you ask me.
Oh btw Ireland is far away from he, well if you compare it to USA, Ireland is closer.. but still far away :).
I guess a plain trip from Ireland to us would take around 4,5hours or something like that.

Wellwell Srxspec keep up the good work, so cool to look at your pictures.

Yep tunnel mounted intercooler as well as the regular intercooler up under the hood. It makes you wonder how good that tunnel mounted intercooler really works though as it sits right beside that hot exhaust pipe. That much HP in a trail sled is just stupid! LOL!

Back