1989 Exciter carb spec's

well the sled is in Leadvile, Co 12200 feet We ride at 11750 and go up, but it is jeted for around 7000 and it runs great.

Nightmanx1 - I was asking Shane what altitude he is running at. But on your comment I appreciate it. It gives me a range to think about. I rebuilt my old Exciter last year and even before I did, the jetting was off. I also bought my son an Exciter last year that runs great. I compared all the settings in the two sleds and the only difference I could find was the needle. My sled bogs badly in the midrange but runs great if I can snap it straigt to full throttle. I thought the problem was a lean bog and that I needed to richen up the mixture. My son's sled had a 6DH7 and mine had a 6DH8. When I put the 6DH7 needle in my sled from my son's, it ran great. When I looked for needles online I found that the the one that ran best was a leaner needle, not richer. That's why I was confused. I didn't think that going one needle size richer would make the sled bog so badly. That was why I was wondering what came in the carb stock, if either of the two needles did at all.

Bruce

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies. Be quite honets I don't know wht the altitude is here in eastern Ontario. Don't imagine it's much though. Anyways I was just trying to find out what the stock numbers for the different parts were to to clarify that the machine had not been monkied with from previous owner. The link supplied seems to offer the required info. thnaks to all.

Back