Home made powdercoating oven?

ejcamaro

Life Member
Website
www.myspace.com
Please post some pics or explainations on what you kids have made for powdercoating ovens. I've heard stories of splicing 2 kitchen ovens together to make a fairly decent sized one.

i read somewhere of someone using a coffin style freezer with oven heating coils placed inside it. got a powercoating setup awhile back and was researching some oven ideas (kitchen ovens work but not for larger parts of course) and has since taken a back seat so curious as well to hear if anyones got any ideas or plans for a larger oven setup.

I've thought about this ...... checking out a resturant supply co. and picking up a used PIZZA oven. Got the idea from my families old restraunt where we had the old fashion brick oven

montynormand said:
I've thought about this ...... checking out a resturant supply co. and picking up a used PIZZA oven. Got the idea from my families old restraunt where we had the old fashion brick oven
Hmmm, I like the idea of having good pizza in the shop almost better than a powdercoating setup.

I used an old stove for little parts. For larger items I used the 4x8 sheets of foil sided sheet insulation to make a box. Then I put a infrared heater that was powered by lp in the bottom of it. It works pretty good but you have to becareful not to overheat certain areas. You can also use the infra red heater with out the cabinet. Check www.columbiacoatings.com

J

Back