Traction Mats & Guides

Philscbx

I for some reason cannot find these items to add to my trailer.

I tried Northern Tool in Mpls Mn - zip, nothing.

I tried a Google search for the Mpls area - Zip

Never thought I'd run into this for Mats and Guides.

I tried a search in here, Zip

Thanks' if someone has a clue..

denniskirk.com or partsunlimited dealers (just about any dealer is a parts unlimited dealer) should be able to help you out.

Fleet farm has some 3/4" thick rubber mats that are used to line horse corrals etc. they come in 4X6 foot pieces for about $30 and can be cut to size with a utility knife. They work great for traction mats. I have them on my trailer and attached with a few stainless screws and washers.

Sinjin said:
Fleet farm has some 3/4" thick rubber mats that are used to line horse corrals etc.

Thanks' - That was actually my first idea to go to Fleet Farm.
It escaped me.

In the end, it turned out once I found the MFG name of the product for traction matts and slides. The locator for stocking these items turned out to be Heinens in Osseo.
33 Central Ave 763 425 2178.

I got the 4 slides for $50, and 2 long matts for $60, and stainless hardware.
Now no more milling trails in my rear door with carbides. And no traction getting in.
I use a custom single place enclosed 5x10 V nose for the RX1.

Now back to denniskirk.
I knew I searched their site before, but they don't know what's going on.
No matter what you try for these products, it will come up (0).

So I called them, to let let them try along with me. They gave up as well and had to look up the items and give me the part numbers to enter a search for them.
This worked, but I'm tired of sites that can't display a decent image of the product.

I tried other local dealers, (Yamaha - etc) but the items had to be ordered.

Thanks' Guys for getting me out the door to get this done.

My cousin works for ez off slides.They have both.They have a web site but can't remember it.

I got these for my trailer and they work excellent, but unless you are studded the matts don't do much.

matts and guides

also - just a note note all are not created equal. I noticed last weekend that some are too shallow and allow the carbide to dig into the bottom of them, which makes it considerably harder to pull the sled off the trailer. The sleds slip right off mine.

If you want really cheap slides, find yourself some old drop in pickup box liners and cut them to what you need. Ive made two slides for my both my racers. Acutally cust cut the sides off the liners and the sleds sit on them. I can pull them around in the pits. They also allow me to slide them in the garage with out having to use my dolly.
Its kinda hill billy like, but the liners only cost me $10 each!

p/u bedliners are the way to go. My junkyard gives them away. I even pu them in my shed so I don't hack up the floor. Just watch for buckling in the summer. I found it best to install them in the summer so they are already elongated and won't buckle. Shrinkage in winter is not a problem. For mats, maybe I'm lucky, but there are a few quarries in my area and they give away old conveyor belts. My local trail uses them to line the bridges to to avoid pick damage.

Back