Yamaha OEM tunnel extension ?

nysrx

Any use an OEM tunnel extension for MT Max or Phazer to go from 121 to 136. What kind of rear heat exchanger must you use. Does anyone make a tunnel extension that utilizies the stock heat exchanger on an SRX.

I used an 02 MM tunnel extension to go from 121 to 136 on a Viper. I used a Mountain Viper rear cooler to match the hose diameter from the running board coolers and it fit perfect. Maxximum Performance used to make a tunnel extension to take the larger Viper / SRX cooler, but they are no longer around. Check out this link for a couple of pictures.
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37260
You don't say what you want to extend??

extension

Track usa doesn't make stuff for Yamaha anymore. I found a Mountain Viper extension with coooler installed on the Classified for $75. Couldn't pass it up. Thanks to everyone.

Tracks USA sold me a kit for my SRX a month ago...You have to cut a hole in it to get the exchanger to fit. Mountain performance was the way to go with the extension...

nysrx said:
Track usa doesn't make stuff for Yamaha anymore. I found a Mountain Viper extension with coooler installed on the Classified for $75. Couldn't pass it up. Thanks to everyone.

That's a great price. As I said in my PM, here in Canada that cooler alone sells for $240.00. And aftermarket wouldn't be any better.

Tracks USA

I called tracks yesterday. They are out of the 136 extension but have 1 144 extension and it is on a closeout price on their site for $49 I think. Maybe you could cut it down.

I have a used in good condition 141 MM extension
I recently extended to 151.
If someone wants it let me know.
It has no cooler in it. It would work fine for a
121 - 136 or probably to 144.

Back