151" MM ?

M-Max

It is near time for a new track on my 01 MM 700.
I was considering changing from 141" to 151".
The conversion looks to be only a little more work
than just a track change. Question... Do I need anti rachet drivers.
or can i just use the stock ones. After 5000kms do I need to think about
changing out the stock drivers.

Easy conversion to do. Get the anti rachet drivers. They are really worth it. Put in new bearings while its apart and check the whole skid for cracks etc. Do a search on rebuilding skids, there is lots of good info here.

Ill second that, get the antiratchets. The stock ones would be functional, but you would need to run the track so tight to not ratchet its not worth it.

Thanks for the replies.
Next question..... Stay with 2.52 pitch or change to a 3 and run an attack 20.

The attack 20 is not all it is cracked up to be. A lot of guys around here in the powder have turned them around backwards to make them work. I'd stay with the camoplast yami track (newer version).

apparently the stock skidoo drivers will work. I heard that the shaft size is the same and skidoo's retail is only $50 US each. I'm not sure that they make 8T extros though....I know they have 9 and 10 on the summits. Might be worth looking into further to save some $.

I have heard nothing but bad things about the attack 20. Its fine in the pow but sucks the rest of the time.

Do a search on www.snowest.com to see what people are saying. Also check out the classifieds and see how many people are ditching the A20 track.

There is a guy on here (rkymtnman) selling a skid with Viper shocks,
transfer kit and Tracks USA 151 extensions in the classifieds. He may
part it out.

Thanks guys.
Mostly looking for a reasonably priced 151x15x2 track.
Problems usually arise from shipping to my location.
If I could find one in Canada or Alaska it might be easier.

I would avoid the A20. Not any good news on them around my area. May want to find the track first. Then get the drivers. Sence you have rectricted options on were you can get it from. You may find a 3" Mav. or pull off Ski-Doo for a good deal.

Good Luck, Apher

i would go with the NO SLIP anitratchets over the ski doo drivers for about 10 buks more per driver. you will love the 151. most of the comments i have seen on the attack 20 are negative and lots of people dont like them, but it might work for you, who knows.

bolin22 said:
i would go with the NO SLIP anitratchets over the ski doo drivers for about 10 buks more per driver. you will love the 151. most of the comments i have seen on the attack 20 are negative and lots of people dont like them, but it might work for you, who knows.

Just curious why that is? Buddy is going extros (9t) on his poo this summer and was planning on getting the doo drivers. They have the double cog drive lug on either side of the wheel (like wahl) for the same price as cycle works. Are they not holding up?

Back