Mt Brighton, MI Hill Climb Race Pictures

viper7mi

VIP Member
Event:
Mt. Brighton, Michigan, Sunday at 12:00 start at 63 degrees out. Warm.

The below are some pictures of Vipers, SRX, RX1, Enticer and a Exciter race to the top to be the KING of the HILL in their respectable class.

The classes consists of no mods, engine mods and everything goes.
I stayed for about 4 hours and unfortunally missed who won. Maybe someone could fill that part in? However, when I did leave there were still 3 Yamahas on the ground in line.

It was alot of fun on a sunny day.

Attachments

• race1.jpg
    race1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 29
  • race2.jpg
    race2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 26
  • race3.jpg
    race3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 25
  • race4.jpg
    race4.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 39
  • race5.jpg
    race5.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 29

More pictures

Attachments

• race6.jpg
    race6.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 28
  • race8.jpg
    race8.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 25
  • race9.jpg
    race9.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 35
Man that looks like fun!!!! I could not make it out there but I will be there next year if they have it. Any word on next year?

Not sure on next year. Yea, it was fun.

It would be a good time for the TY Michigan people to meet next year?

I decided not to race as I didn't have the time or parts on hand to adjust my sled in order to be competitive. I did go all day Saturday as a spectator and it seemed to be a good turnout. Drove by on Sunday also and there seemed to be much fewer racers and spectators, but still enough to make it worth while. I really hope that this was successful for the ski hill as well as COSDRA. This could blossom into a great event if it continues for the next years.

Standing there watching, I was wishing that I had run my sled as it is anyway. The majority of the racers didn't appear to know much about jumping. Although there were a handful of riders that had a good deal of jumping skill. Some had snowcross sleds and obviously had significant racing experience. I couldn't believe how many riders tried to go over the jumps sitting down. Folks, whenever you go off-trail or over jumps, that seat is not for sitting on!!!

Anyway I enjoyed watching it.

were you racing the clock? or was it 1 on 1? I am looking forward to this event if they have it next year. What do they consider "engine mod"??? LOL

I will check it out and try to post it and add a link to this thread. Give a couple days.

We should have a TY Meet on one of the days of the 08 Hill Climb in Brighton, MI?

There is nothing as much fun to ride as an old yamaha.
They are talking about doing more hill climbs maybe a series for points. Talking about four lanes on the steep part of the hill. Getting the exciter set up a little better this year. Any suggestions? Still would love to see me going up the hill, any luck with that?

Got slushy side of the hill that run, beat him in our practice run tho... oh well i'll get him this year!

Thanks for posting anyhow!

have a chance to score an aaen pipe for the exciter, will it be loud? will it make much of a difference on that sled?

Back