Change to Synthetic oil in old bike yes or no ?

Yes by all means do it,,my ATV's that's all i will run in them,they run hot so
a good synthetic is a must IMO for great protection against heat.

I run Amsoil's MCV 20w50 in mine, it's some great stuff;

MCV 20w50

I use Mobile 1 15-50, "gold cap". Great oil, always rates near the top in testing done for the motorcycle mags, and all parts stores have it.

Vmax540 said:
I was told Synthetics could be to much for the clutch plates ? Thanks Again !

The additive package in the "gold cap" Mobile 1 is safe for bikes even though its labled for cars, it actually tests better than their bike specific oil. There is a ton of sportbike guys that use it. Alot of guys also swear by Shell Rotela diesel oil.

As long as a oil(syn. or dino) does not have friction modifiers
it can be used with out any problems,that's why all M/C oil's are JASCO MA
spec'd and safe to use because they contain no friction modifiers..

cacsrx1 said:
The additive package in the "gold cap" Mobile 1 is safe for bikes even though its labled for cars, it actually tests better than their bike specific oil. There is a ton of sportbike guys that use it. Alot of guys also swear by Shell Rotela diesel oil.

Hmmmmm. Now you've got me thinking, we've got Rotella in 200 gallon containers at my dad's shop. :bump: Thats all he runs in his Pete semis and we use it in our D-Max's too.

Last edited:
shortstop20 said:
Hmmmmm. Now you've got me thinking, we've got Rotella in 200 gallon containers at my dad's shop. :bump: Thats all he runs in his Pete semis and we use it in our D-Max's too.
Rotella will work just fine....

shortstop20 said:
Mabee U should have used that in the Ninja :hide:

i am using amsoil in my 2000 xt350. i do buy the motorcycle/wet clutch aproved synthetic and have not had a problem yet with the last bike either and i put 18000km on it before i sold it .

Back