650 V Star ????

NEED SNOW

Im thinking of a bike for the summer. I have been looking at the 650 V STAR. do any of you have one, if so how do you like them. One 04 I seen had a lot of discoloration on the front pipe almost all the way down to the chrome cover. One guy that sold his said his did that too, but it didn't go all the way down. He didn't think his looked that bad.He said he loved the bike, but things are not going good in michagan so he had to sell it. So what do you guys think of them...Gary.

Great bike!! if you are a small guy. if your not get something bigger.

650 is a good bike but you wont have good highway power i would go with an 1100. i own an 1700 yamaha warrior and i wieght 160. Also to consider is your hieght and being able to touch the ground you can get lowering kits for them they usually are not that expensive.

Thats a very small bike and for your weight i would suggest something bigger.Even the 1100's are small and cramped if your over 5'8" or taller.They do have forward control extentions.I just did my buddies 1100.But after riding with us again he wish's he got something with more power.It wont win any races but if you just want to putt around its fine.If you can swing it get the warrior you will love it.The power and handling is awesome.If you can go to a dealer and test drive both models you'll be able to make a better choice and be much happier this summer riding.

Thanks for the advice.

I got a HARLEY 1200 SPORTSTER CUSTOM, it's a 2000 in showroom condition.
I love the bike. I cant believe how cool all the guys think it is.
It has forward controls and lots of chrome, windshield, saddlebags, sissy bars with backrest and Python pipes. I like the pipes, it gives it that HARLEY sound
with out being to loud. When I got it home it had 6200 miles on it about 3 weeks ago. Now I have it up to 6700 miles and it runs great.
Im keeping my 05 RX-1 until about 2010 then I would like a new sled.
I would like to see a new APEX about 30 lbs lighter with about 160 hp by then. 'I hope'...Gary.

Back