Search Tool

YamerDown

I find the search tool can be very limiting at times as it kicks out short and common words that would actually make the results a lot more meaning full.

For example, trying to search for "VIPER SLP PIPE" - both SLP and PIPE get removed and the resulting hits are based solely on the word VIPER.

Another example would is "SRX HEEL CLICKER" - results are based soly on the word CLICKER.

Now I know I can try rewording the search slightly and get results that are a little more relevant, but it's still not as accurate as it could be if these short words were included. Is there any chance you could add an option to the ADVANCED SEARCH that would force it to take all words into consideration. To minimize the performance impacts only make it on option for the ADVANCED SEARCH and turn the option OFF by default.

Just though I'd put this out there.

Thanks,
Bruce

PS - WOW, had I used the seach tool to search about the seach tool I would have seen the other thread. LOL

Obviously others agree! Seems silly to use an external search tool to search internally. Any chance of doing the suggested above?

Hmm... not sure about that.

This search "air AND box AND vent AND carb AND pipe" results in:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : air, box, vent, carb, pipe"

ROTFLMAO. Searching "air box vent carb pipe" returned zero hits.

Anyway, "air box carb" gave the expected results.
As did "viper pipe slp"

MrSled, you're the best! This site is top shelf!

Thanks!
TOTALLYAMAHA!!!

Back