Too Buy or Not to Buy!

Sleepy

I have an oppurtunity to purchase a 92' V-max 4. I already have an 02' Viper with lots of miles on it and it's great. The V-max would basically be a 2nd sled so that I can get the wife out on the week ends........which means more sleddin for me! I can get this sled for next to nothing, just looking for some feed back.
Thanks
Sleepy

HOW DO YA ANSWER THIS !!!!! WOW. OK, FOR A COLLECTOR PIECE, OR TO PLAY ON THE LAKES OR GRASS 100 % YES. FOR A SECOND SLED FOR THE WIFE, 100 % NO !!!!! 3:16 (yammie tony)

I have to say NO too, your wife will probally hate the weekend because of the sled. I could be wrong but, my wife asked for reverse, electric start and easy to move around sled. Ask her what she wants in a sled? Could be a opportunity to give her yours and get an upgrade? Good luck.

Failed to mention!

Sorry, I failed to mention, I would be giving my wife the Viper on those days. This would probably be a trial for one season. If we were to get out alot I would invest in something newer with reverse and electric start. I can get this thing for $800.
So.....do I go for it? How was this sled as far as repairs and performance?
Thanks
Sleepy

800 makes it a no brainer, buy it. You can always put a zx2 skid in it. Maxdlx

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
HOW DO YA ANSWER THIS !!!!! WOW. OK, FOR A COLLECTOR PIECE, OR TO PLAY ON THE LAKES OR GRASS 100 % YES. FOR A SECOND SLED FOR THE WIFE, 100 % NO !!!!! 3:16 (yammie tony)

Tony's dead on for a lake racer or 2nd play toy for you. When they are dialed right they are one BAD ASSED old HOT ROD that will give most a real hard time. As for the wife only let her ride it if you are looking to get rid of her. I know a guy who lost his sled and just about everything else he owned in a divorce. If he would have bought her a Vmax4 and took her on a real fast ride through the woods he could have gotten rid of her for a lot less money. ;)
Phil (opsled)

I have an old v-max 4 at home, drove it for 4 years before I got the SRX, I had a lot of enjoyment out of it, big sled to handle though, definately a boat anchor compared to the SRX, but get her out on the lake and she'll fly. Lol only problem I ever had with it was the gas mileage, and theres 24 000 km on it and nothing has ever been changed other then carbides, belts, track and slides. They are a good machine in my opinion.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm going to look at it this week. Strange to have "sled on the brain" at this time of the year. Hopefully we get a good season this year!
I'll let everyone know what "she's" like when I get it home.
Take it easy!
Sleepy

EASY TO HAVE SLEDS ON THE BRAIN THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. ASHPHALT RACING, VINTAGE SHOWS, GRASS RACING, etc ALL YEAR ROUND NOW. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back