shovel

SXlover

Just wondering how and where you guys mount your shovel to your sleds or carry them? Pics would be appreciated.

Always carry it on your person if you ride the back country. I like the backpacks from True North Adventure, and the Voile shovels. A good combo along with a Sno-Bungie.

Mine is mounted on my tunnel rack with my survival bag. I allways worry about falling off with stuff straped on my back and breaking something like my back, happened to a friend. If I cannot find the rear end of my sled to get to my bag and shovel I'm most likely toast anyway.

SOS has a backpack that holds the shovel and probe nicely, and it is the one Yamaha put there name on in the snow catalogue as well

I have the Yamaha pack and it holds the shovel and the probe very nicely. I would recommend it. My thoughts are if one of my friends is burried I do not want to have an excuse like my shovel was on my sled which was burried also when I could not dig them out. Try and explain that one and who would want to live with that burden. Hopefully it never happens but it seems too. Just my .02

I keep my sos shovel in my pack.I bought a cheapy 25.00 bag that is really nice.
If your planning on buying a shovel I highly recomend getting one with a saw inside.I got a sos shovel.

Depends on the riding conditions. In the high country, in fresh powder I wear mine in a backpack along with a probe and some other stuff. When avalanche conditions are low risk, I will store it in the shovel pouch on my Boss seat. IMO, the real right answer is to wear it in a backpack.

Backpack with probes, shovel and saw.
Then give it to your riding partner.
Its more important that he has one not you.

^^^"Then give it to your riding partner. Its more important that he has one not you."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unless of course when your married. I carry a "spork" and she carries a ball bat! :p

Last edited:

Back