ski doo guy needs help for a friend with a mountain max 700 skid

Vailguy

Hi,
I have a friend with a 97ish MM 700.
We live in Colorado and he got a 121" track. WTF!!!!
Now he wants to sell it because he can't follow my 151"

I was wondering what is options are to extend the track?
On my Ski Doo Summit, I did a skid setback and D&R and used the 144" skid with a 151" track.

Can someone point me(him) to some options to get him to 144 or 150+.

Thanks,
-l-

sell the 121 track and get a 121-144 complete kit.

It will come with rail extensions, track, tunnel extension and croos over tubes in the rear. should come with rivets as well

Hartman INC out of Idaho was very good to me and has veru nice products.

www.hartmaninc.com

he also sells 121-151 kits!!!! It would make a great fall project before the snow falls.

Nothing better than getting a case of beer with your buddies and doing a long track project.

I would get the 121- 151 2.25 kit!! He will need to install 8 tooth drivers if it doesnt have already.

Vailguy if you need help. Let me know I am always up for beer drinking and sled work. I am off work thursday-sat every week.

A Polaris xtra lite skid will save you 25 lbs. and fix the early mm approach angle. I think the transfer is better too, way more controllable. Put on some extros while you have the shaft out!

Thanks guys,
I appreciate the info.
I hope this will change his mind about selling. He is getting married in the spring, and I think he realizes if he sells now, there is no going back.

I on the other hand am getting married Saturday, and am upgrading to a RKT head. And the future Mrs. is right behind me on the Vmax. :)

nightmanx1 - thanks for the offer, I keep you posted. Agreed, nothing better than some fall shop time to get amped for the winter.

-l-

In my opinion there is no need to go any longer than 144. It gives you enough floatation. The rest is rider ability. I know guys with 136" that go far beyond the 162". I have seen guys on RMK 500 131s make 144 700s look retarded.

Sell the MM and buy a Mtn viper, stock with 141", more hp, than stretch it to 151 with hartman. At the Snowmobile show Oct 6? I think in Denver there will be a 2004 Red Mtn viper, 151" track, Mtn Performance tunnel, drop and roll, anti-ratchet drivers, roller clutch, high rise handle bars, SLP triple pipes, skid plate and etc etc, brand new engine rebuild done by Faster Motor Sports of Denver for $4,500. You couldnh't get a MM up to that level for less than $3,000 or more in parts alone.

Back