Owner of a 2000 YZ426F. What to watch for??

Exciterfan

Hello,

Normally on the sled section but just picked up a 2000 YZ426F. Looks like it's in wonderful shape.

I heard some rumours about crank issues related to oil distribution. Anybody on here got the real scoop???

Thanks

Exciterfan

Exciterfan said:
Picked up a 2003 Viper too!!! Love HayDays.

Problem is I may sell the Viper and keep the SXR for another year.

Decisions decisions decisions......
Or you could pipe that Viper, and install the m10. You could get rid of the Bender pipes pretty quick i imagine, and sell your 600 nice and stock. Only downside i see is gas mileage, but the fun factor 140+horse viper sounds great especially that you already have a m10. Could be a nice build, hmmm how much for the Viper? Sorry for derailing your thread.

On the bike, the biggest thing is to change the oil and oil filter often and to clean the air filter often. The 426s were pretty bulletproof, but if you dont maintain them properly they can give you problems.
You should clean the air filter after every ride, change the oil and filter every 6-8 hours of riding and check the valve clearances at least once a year.
A really good source of info on this stuff is www.thumpertalk.com. Back when I owned my '06 YZ 250F I spent a lot of time on there and learned a lot about 4-stroke MX bikes.

Back