older phazer(s) question

mopar4u

are any of the engine parts from a 1st gen phazer (1986) interchangeable with the 2nd gen (1999) phazers?

The 1999 phazer specs br9es plugs, would it be safe to use br9eya?

As far as I know (take this with a grain of salt), there were no engine changes from one to the other - I believe all engine parts will interchange. The fact that there is a change in plug specs leads me to believe that I may be wrong (that won't suprise the wife), and that I may learn something from this thread!

I'm sure someone with more knowlege than me will be along shortly to straighten things out.

Sorry for not being of any help at all!

A.

I think both spec out br9es plugs. As far as plugs I want to know if I can use br9eya plugs in the 99 phazer.

Phazer and Phazer II engines share most of the same parts. There were some differences in minor components (electrical and some other) over the years but the internals are all the same. The 99-01 Phazer 500 engine is completly different. The cylinders, pistons and heads carry a different part # but I am told they would be interchangable with the early Phazer/II engines however the bottom ends are completly different. Crankcases, crankshafts, electronics, etc will not interchange.

opsled

Back