Clutch set-up for EX570

Classic SRX

I'm looking for suggestions on clutch set-ups on a mostly stock EX 570.

I'm running 38mm flatsides from an EX SX, a cold air intake from Bender, and a modified y-pipe - so I'm maybe 5-7hp over stock. Right now, I've got a 108c on it, but have the 102c on my 80 SRX which could also be used. I ride mainly trails with some backcountry and have a 3/4" lug track. Elevation will be 0-2000ft.

I picked the sled up late last season, and the 108 was in desperate need of a rebuild. I figure if anyone remembers a killer set-up, I may make changes while I have it apart. Anyone remember what worked and what didn't "back in the day"?

I GOT TELL YA AND I KNOW SOME WOULD DISAGREE HERE, BUT HAUCK HAD A KILLER CLUTCH SET-UP FOR THESE EXCITERS. I WOULD HAVE TO DIG FOR YA TO SEE WHAT I HAVE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

ANGUS STILL DIGGING FOR YA. IF I STRIKE OUT WITH THAT OLD INFO, I,LL CALL BUDDIE OF MINE WHO RAN THAT SET-UP IN HIS EXCITER. I DO KNOW THAT SAMEUL JACKSON HAD A NICE SET-UP IN HIS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I picked up a '93 SX with around 1,400 miles. I have a PSI pipe for it, was also gonna throw a 6-pitch and 144 pics on it; 1" drop brackets, and have plastic skis too.

Any recommendations for clutch mods would be appreciated although this model was supposed to be great right out of the box.

OK, I'm doing some more thinking on my situation...

Parts to rebuild the 108C will run about $250 and $30 to have a guy bust the spider loose and replace the bushing in the movable sheave. That's going to be about 1/3 of what I paid for the sled. Seems tough to justify since I'll have to do another rebuild again in a thousand miles or so.

I'm thinking about looking for a used Yammy clutch. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the YPZ and the YHCZ? I've been told the newer YHCZ is the one to get - anyone care to comment? Also, anyone know what year Yamaha switched to the YHCZ?

A.

Classic SRX said:
Thanks Tony, I appreciate the effort.

Sam, maybe you can chime in with your set-up too if you don't mind.

Angus

------------

Weights are self made from stock ex 570 weights (84M), launch curves or what ever they are in english.

Spring is yammie SRV alternate spring with white- blue marks part nr: 90501-555A1-00

Engagement at 4500-4600 rpms

Secondary is 50 degree preload, pink spring, 8U7 helix from VMX 540

Back